Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Instant Password

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I use this plugin, but don’t get that error.

What version of bbPress are you on?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

They are using the trunk which is why I didn’t bother to answer.

I officially do not support anything past 1.0 alpha 5 at this point.

I simply do not have the time anymore to fix for every 1.0 release.

I will resume updating after 1.0 goes beta final someday.

I may release a plugin to make bbPress 0.9 work with WP 2.7 cookies

at some future date to allow people to use more plugins without problems.

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

_ck_,

I might be missing something here –

I just installed bbPress (0.9.0.4) on a different site and still get the same message with instant password. I don’t have bbPress and WordPress integrated.

What could I be doing wrong?

Here’s the link – just started building it live yesterday so not much action yet…

http://mcmxxii.com/

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

_ck_,

I really don’t want to give up on this plugin as it makes the most sense to me to have it.

Any thoughts on why I can’t get it to work?

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Tell me more about your server – OS, PHP version – and what browser you are using to test

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Bluehost – the latest for everything – tested on Firefox 3 and Safari – all on a Mac.

Hope that helps!

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

So to be clear, it’s happening after you successfully submit it, not the message on the same page you type in the password right?

The password error only happens for two reasons, either the primary password doesn’t match the confirmation or the password is less than 6 characters.

The $_POST data must be making it through because you’d get a different error.

I assume you tried various passwords and aren’t using multibyte (unicode) password or with slashes in them.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Something I just realized and I should have noticed / asked sooner.

You are using a custom template. A very common problem with plugins when you use custom templates is they have accidentally removed some critical actions / filters.

Open up your register.php template and open up the original bb-templates/kakumei/register.php template.

Compare the two, specifically looking for any do_action or apply_filter that you are missing.

In your case, specifically

<?php do_action('extra_profile_info', $user); ?>

but I suspect you have that, or you’d see nothing from the plugin.

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Hey _ck_,

Well I threw both files into diffmerge. The ‘do_action and apply_filter’ code is there. My file was missing ‘php echo $key’ – but I really don’t know if that matters or not.

I think I might give it a while and see how it goes without the plugin. If I find I can’t live without it I may be back!

BTW, I spent some time on your site last night. The top 100 list was very interesting and inspiring!

Thanks for the hard work!

I am facing this same issue, but strangely the registration goes through via Google Chrome.

I replaced my register.php file with the original file from kakumei folder. Still the same error :(

(the theme I am using is toonewsy, earlier the structured theme also failed)

Is this a CSS issue?

iphonehelp.in/howto

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar