Skip to:

Install problems

• ok so i uploaded fine, set-up fine, did the integration but did NOT set User Roles (BAD IDEA). Now the admin page has been removed because of the install, even un-installed the wordpress plugin. So I can’t fix it, tried to delete the forum folder and re-upload but the install is still there and still works just like it did, broke.

I can’t figure out how to correct the issue or even better a complete uninstall so I can follow the great tutorial here:

I’m guessing it has something to do with the sql tables but I’m lost at this point.

what is the best way to correct the issue? and how can I ensure a complete reset so that i can do a fresh install?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer

To reinstall, you need to drop the bbPress tables and delete the bb-config.php. Then you can reinstall.

cool but how i can delete the file and have done that already but how do i drop the bbPress tables? Thanks for the help!

You need a tool like phpMyAdmin to access the database directly so you can drop tables that were created by bbPress. Normally those tables begin with the prefix bb_, but if you changed that on installation your tables will be differently named.

Make a backup of your database before you drop any tables.

Your host might have something installed already that can access the database directly. It would be listed in your control panel.

I use 1and1 at my host and they had phpmyadmin installed to use already. I understood why it wasn’t working but i sure had no idea how to fix it. I’m sure learning server side coding real fast. Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar