Welcome to bbPress! The first place I would start would be to look over the bbPress documentation because that has the information needed for installation, customization, integration with wordpress and all about themes!
After you get going, if you have questions along the way, do a search in the forums for similar problems that you are having and if you can’t figure out what to do, then go ahead a post a question back in the forums and we can try and help you out!
I have tried reading the documentation & other forum threads over & over again, but i could not get through the complete installation of bbpress.
As stated, through my ftp client, I draged & dropped config-sample.php from my computer to config.php in my remote server.
I then also uploaded complete bbpress at /var/www/html/blog/ ( remote site ).
The next step suggests to load bb-admin/install.php in the browser & do what it says.
Now, this is what, i am not understanding. Loading this url leads to a google page listing.
I have opened a few links there; but, that has been of no use.
I am reletively new to the wordpress environment ; but, apt direction will definitely get me out of this fix.
Sir, I would be obliged to get your support.
Thanks & Regards,
So let me get this straight:
1) You have a blog directory on your server at the location – /var/www/html/blog/
2) You uploaded bbPress to that directory – /var/www/html/blog/bbpress/
3) You brought down a copy of config.php and filled out your server database information (which requires you to have a database already created)
4) If you upload the config.php with the correct database information and all the correct URL’s for your blog (go step by step through config.php with a fine toothed comb!) back to /var/www/html/blog/bbpress/ you will be able to get to the install next
5) Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/blog/bbpress/bb-admin/install.php (in our example) and you should get the install screen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.