Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Importing from Xenforo

• bazaarocommunity
    Participant

@bazaarocommunity

I’ve installed the latest version of bbpress and WordPress, and am attempting to migrate my forum from XenForo using the built in migration tool. I am receiving the following:
    No reply_to parents to convert
    No replies to convert
    No tags to convert
    No super stickies to stick
    No stickies to stick
    No topics to convert
    No forum parents to convert
    No forums to convert
    No passwords to clear
    No users to convert
    I’ve used my config.php file from XenForo to obtain the host, username, password, and dbname. I also used the prefix ‘xf_’.

Any ideas?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• bazaarocommunity
    Participant

@bazaarocommunity

Disregard, I have discovered the issue. I was attempting to do a migration test run by importing the content to a local machine. The problem was that the host IP called out in my config file is a ServiceNet IP which my local machine doesn’t have access to. Using the public address wouldn’t work either because that is not what XenForo uses. So, I instead took the plunge and began migration from one of my network servers to the other, using the ServiceNet IP and was successful. Import appears to be working fine.

bazaarocommunity
    Participant

@bazaarocommunity

Import stopped part way through. Can I resume from where it left off or do I have to do a clean start?

bazaarocommunity
    Participant

@bazaarocommunity

So I’ve migrated 250k topics, and am working on the replies right now. The topics went fairly quickly (a couple hours at 100 rows every 3-5 sec), but the reply import is going dreadfully slow. I stepped the number of rows to process down to 25 and am crawling along at <1 reply per second. I need to import 2.5M replies, so at this rate it will take me 29 days! Help! There has got to be some optimization that can occur.

bazaarocommunity
    Participant

@bazaarocommunity

I’ve stepped it down to a maximum of 5 rows with a 1 second delay, but am not seeing improvement.

znitsarn
    Participant

@znitsarn

I’m having this issue and I do not understand how you fixed it, any chance you could explain to us noobs?

mplusplus
    Participant

@mplusplus

Hi there

Which built in tool did you use please to migrate from XF? I didn’t see any such tool in my bbPress.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar