Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

importing from phpBB

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

I’m happy to be new to this community. I’ve been using phpBB for forums for years, and recently decided to migrate over to bbPress. I recently installed all newest versions of WordPress and bbPress.

I have a medium sized phpBB forum with thousands of topics, so I need to preserve the users and topics.

My setup is a bit strange though – I am using aMember, and this membership program creates an integration between WordPress and phpBB. The result is the same users exist in phpBB as in WordPress.

So, when I attempted to import users and topics from phpBB into bbPress (using import tool that came with bbPress), the forums and topics did import but the users all had “imported_” before their user names. My guess is this was an attempt to prevent duplicate users.

Is there a method to import my forums and topics from phpBB into bbPress, and have the authors of topics and replies synced to the already existing users in WordPress? Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I dont know what to tell you??

do you want to still use the aMember plugin with bbPress and WordPress??

or you want to leave aMember??

All i can recommend now is put all your data back in aMember and just import phpbb cleanly into bbPress.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Thanks for the suggestion.

Robkk

@robkk

@andrew55

sorry i made a typo

i meant to say

All i can recommend now is put all your data back from aMember all to your phpbb installation and just import phpbb cleanly into bbPress.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Thanks for the suggestion. I decided to install a separate version of WP and install forums in there – my original WordPress database got huge with bbPress.

I then imported phhBB into this site. Next I will connect this site to aMember, although I’m not sure how that will go. Wish me luck!

Robkk

@robkk

i got my fingers crossed

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Integration is working great – whew!

Robkk

@robkk

thats great!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar