Categories
Search
Bottom

Importing from bbPress Standalone

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Hey!

I and Ben L. recently released a bbPress standalone to plugin converter (bbS2P) to help you out with importing. But now, that has been deprecated as most of the code that was in there has been ported into the bbPress plugin itself.

Got some hint? (I think) You’re right! You can now convert your bbPress standalone install into the bbPress plugin from right inside the bbPress plugin itself! Just have the bbPress plugin activated, go to Tools -> Import -> bbPress Standalone and follow on-screen instructions.

Note: It is highly recommended that you have a backup of your whole database before doing this.

Thanks!

– G

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I updated some of the verbiage and changed a few of the behaviors of the importer from bbS2P to being in core. It needs some heavy testing. This kind of data migration is not something that should be taken lightly, so let’s get it polished up for when 2.0 goes gold.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I updated some of the verbiage and changed a few of the behaviors of the importer from bbS2P to being in core. It needs some heavy testing. This kind of data migration is not something that should be taken lightly, so let’s get it polished up for when 2.0 goes gold.

Flyhead
    Participant

@bukers

This sounds encouraging. I am running a standalone bbpress forum v1.02, so does it mean that it can simply install WordPress, then install this latest version of bbpress and I can import from there all my existing forums, user datas and threads? Would all the urls correspond with the old ones?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar