Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Imported users are anonymous

• FrancescoR
    Participant

@francescoitb

I’ve imported my old phpBB forum and now all users names are setted to Anonymous and they can’t access to the bbpres forum.

How can i solve this? Please.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • If you didn’t check the box “import users” then there will be no users to associate with the imported topics and replies and they will be assigned to anonymous.

Go to your WordPress Dashboard -> Tools -> Forums – Reset Forums

Reset your forums and import again.

FrancescoR
    Participant

@francescoitb

I don’t see an option to import users. I just see convert users.. and i Check this option during import process.

Is there an alternative way? Otherwise i will try again

Same thing, that was what I meant 😉

Also after resetting the forums check that any previous or duplicated users do not exist, this is an issue that sometimes results in having to manually delete previously imported users, it is fixed in the next release of bbPress.

Extra Notes: Make sure you are importing from phpBB v3, if you have been previously using a bridge plugin between phpBB and WordPress you will also have issues.

FrancescoR
    Participant

@francescoitb

Wordpress and phpBB (> v3.0) are separated, no bridge, nothing: two differents things. The only account imported was my phpbb account and now are working with the wordpress one.

In wordpress are not exist any phpBB account.

Anonymous users, in real, are not accounts.. anyway there is a way to assign them manually to new accounts? I prefer to don’t import forum again

If the users were imported AND you can see them in the WordPress backend then you can assign the topics and replies manually be editing each topic and reply manually or doing this directly in the database.

This is extremely time consuming and I do not recommend it.

My only recommendation is to reset bbPress and import again.

FrancescoR
    Participant

@francescoitb

bbpress didn’t imported any accounts (just the admin one) 😉

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar