Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Imported mingle forum, posts in many posts separated into topics

• kentlii
    Participant

@kentlii

I have imported a mingle forum to bbpress and it seems like most of it went fine. However there is one problem with about 10% of the topics.
    Some of the posts in the topics has separated from the topic and created their own duplicate topic, but with just the one post, that was separated from the topic.

For instance you have a topic: new bike.
    Author original: I want to buy a new bike, which do you recommend. (time: 14. nov. 10.40)
    author 1: Cervelo is very good. (time: 14. nov. 11.45)
    author 2: Yes take cervelo it is the best (time: 14. nov. 13.50)
    Author original: great thx, will check it out
    author 3: I prefer cannondale (time: 15. nov 10.05)
    author 4: choose centurion (time: 15. nov. 12.30)

The import is done and now you get
    Topic: new bike
    Author original: great thx, will check it out (time: 14. nov. 16.40)
    author 3: I prefer cannondale (time: 15. nov 10.05)

Author original:Cervelo is very good (time: 14. nov. 16.40)

Author original: choose centurion (time: 14. nov. 16.40)

Author original: I want to buy a new bike, which do you recommend. (time: 14. nov. 16.40)

Notice it has changed the time on the new topics to the same on all of them as well.

Any idea for a solution for this?
    The forum has several thousands topics and replies, so it would be a lot to manually move all of them.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• kentlii
    Participant

@kentlii

in the title it should say posts in many topics, separated into new topics

kentlii
    Participant

@kentlii

There does not seem to be any logic in which topics this happens to or at least I cannot see it.

kentlii
    Participant

@kentlii

seems we have found part of the problem. If there is a two or more topics with the same titel, it merges part of it and takes some posts out and makes them info topics. So the problems could have something to do with topics in the same forum that have the same titel.

Also if the user has changed the titel in some posts it seems to cause problems. Because a post from a topic appeared in another topic. And in that post the user had changed the titel. The other posts in the topic were not moved.

Still looking for a solution, so I hope someone could help.

Thanks for this and yes, confirmed 🙁

I have added a patch to the bbPress Trac Ticket #2472

I also added the full Mingle.php with the patch included, could you download this and test it.

It should fix both the issue where multiple topics have the same title and also renamed topics.

kentlii
    Participant

@kentlii

We fixed the first couple of pages in each forum and activated it before I saw your reply here. So now it is already active and we cannot import it again, since there are a lot of entries in the forum.
    But thx for the fix, I am sure it will come in handy for others who migrate. I believe many will, as it seems development has stopped on mingle forum.

Thanks for the update.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar