Categories
Search
Bottom

Implode Warning on Forums page

• casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

http://ncfblues.org/forums/

After installing bbpress and setting up some forums, the following error displays for every non-empty forum where the topic freshness author should display. “Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /home/ncfblues/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/topics/template.php”. I would really appreciate some assistance on how to best resolve this issue. Thanks for providing such a great plugin!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

troubleshoot the problem using what is explained in this link in general issues.

Before Posting

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

I have deactivated all plugins, but I still see the warning. The error message does go away when switching to the twenty fourteen wordpress theme. I am using a free theme called evolve. I have reached out to the theme developers weeks ago, but I haven’t received a response.

Robkk

@robkk

did you try to edit the templates to add the freshness author , because the theme doesn’t have it by default??

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

No sorry, I haven’t modified any bbpress or evolve files.

chartiran
    Participant

@mehdifx2006

tankyou

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

I’ve isolated the line the error message is coming from. It’s coming from this line in the function bbp_get_topic_author_link( $args = ” ). Guys I’m really stuck here. I don’t see how this can be a theme error when the warning is clearly being generated by the bbpress plugin.

$author_link = implode( $r[‘sep’], $author_link );

Robkk

@robkk

@casnbug

its definitely something wrong with the freshness link just cant tell if a code snippet could be affecting the code or what.

you can go through the basic troubleshooting for general issues by following this post

Before Posting

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

@Robkk I’ve followed the basic troubleshooting for general issues. Below are the results.

“I have deactivated all plugins, but I still see the warning. The error message does go away when switching to the twenty fourteen wordpress theme. I am using a free theme called evolve. I have reached out to the theme developers weeks ago, but I haven’t received a response.”

Robkk

@robkk

The error message does go away when switching to the twenty fourteen wordpress theme.

so the issue is definitely in your theme then.

ill try to search your theme and see if i can find anything.

other than that since i said it looked fine on my end when i tested your theme, maybe you should try uninstalling your theme then re-installing it to see if it fixes the issue.

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

@Robkk
    Sorry, but I disagree. It may be that the theme is not hiding the warning like the default wordpress theme, but the error is definitely coming from the bbpress plugin.

Robkk

@robkk

@casnbug

ok if you think its just bbPress maybe your bbPress installation had some issues??

try uninstalling the bbPress plugin then re-install it.

fasvig
    Participant

@fasvig

I get this Implode error too

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/topics/template.php on line 1518

Forums with no-parent containing just topics are fine.
    But Forums (of type ‘Forum’ or ‘Category’) and containing child-forums display the implode error message against each child-forum.

Am also seeing this with the Evolve theme. My bbPress plugin install is unmodified, as is the theme.

Steve

casnbug
    Participant

@casnbug

FYI…The evolve development team figured out that this is a problem with their theme. They’ve fixed it in version 3.2.6 which should be released very soon.

fasvig
    Participant

@fasvig

Ah, Thank you very much. Really glad I posted here otherwise may never have found that out.
    Thank you.

Robkk

@robkk

@casnbug

thats great that they solved the issue.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar