Categories
Search
Bottom

I’m trying to fix some coding in import

• tonezzz
    Participant

@tonezzz

Hello everybody.

If this is off topic, pls help pointing me to the correct place.

This is the first time I’m working with bbPress, I’m trying to import from vBulletin now.

vBulletin = 3.8.6
    bbPress = bbPress 2.5.12
    WP = 4.7.5

I’ve been struggling for a few days already (I’ve also tried the 2.6-rc-3 without any luck). Just today, I found an advice to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG so I did so and saw some error messages so I decided to look into the code and try to fix it myself.

Here’s the first one I found:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: user_pass in ...\wp\wp-includes\user.php on line 1425

Here’s the code at line 1425:

$user_pass = wp_hash_password( $userdata['user_pass'] );

Should be changed to:

$user_pass = empty($userdata['user_pass'])?wp_hash_password(''):wp_hash_password( $userdata['user_pass'] );

There’re more errors I’m trying to fix right now. Pls let me know if it’s helpful and I should post them too.

Cheers,
    Tony.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• tonezzz
    Participant

@tonezzz

Oops! I think that’s the original WP code itself. Anyway, I found another code to fix in bbPress. Pls let me know if I should post it.

budget101
    Participant

@budget101

Thank you for the fix, It’s appreciated.

Oops! I think that’s the original WP code itself. Anyway, I found another code to fix in bbPress. Pls let me know if I should post it.

This goes without saying, you should ALWAYS share a fix, you never know who’s going to be searching for it, sometimes YEARS after you find it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar