Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

IE: error on page.

• fokjulle

@fokjulle

I’m testing my new BBPress installation; I created a second – “normal” – user account for me, and am posting things to test everything. I noticed that, in Firefox, so far so good. However, I noticed something in IE: when I am not logged in, everything loads fine. But once I’m logged in (as a “normal” member), and navigate to various threads, the page loads, but with “errors” (as seen at the bottom of IE’s status bar). The CSS seems to mess up slightly, but otherwise everything loads correctly.

If I click on the report, it says that the “object doesn’t support this property or method”, on line 56, character 2.

Why is this, and how do I fix it?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• fokjulle

@fokjulle

In fact, the error is also in Firefox. I’ve just noticed now. The CSS definitely messes up, for some reason. But only when I’m logged in. It works perfectly when I’m logged out.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

How about a link to your forum so we can see it?

Also, in what file is the “object doesn’t support this property or method”, on line 56, character 2.” error occurring?

fokjulle

@fokjulle

Sorry, here it is.

I think it’s in topic.php…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

When I was not logged in, no errors. When logged in, I see a Javascript error:

Error: favoritesToggle[1 === isFav ? "removeClass" : "addClass"] is not a function
    Source File: http://trashmedia.co.za/forums/bb-includes/js/topic-js.php?ver=20080401
    Line: 55

I have a 0.9.0.1 installation and I checked there and I have the same exact same error.

It looked like the error was related to favorites, so I figured I would mark something as a favorite and see if the error would go away, but it didn’t.

There is already a ticket filed for this problem with a solution posted there as well:

https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/851

timskii

@timskii

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Crossed posts. :-) I found your ticket at trac after I suggested posting a new one there.

Thanks.

fokjulle

@fokjulle

*wrong thread*

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar