I can't find BBPress admin panel + two more issues. Help really needed!
I run a blog on which I’d like to have a BBPress forum alongside the regular blog and some other pages. But I have ran into a few problems.
1. Installed WP
2. Installed Mingleforum
3. Created a page called “forum” for Mingleforum (myblog.com/forum)
4. Set the forum up and people started posting stuff on it
5. Concluded that Mingleforum lacked several features
6. Installed BBPress but did NOT uninstall Mingleforum or delete the page “forum”
7. Did NOT chose any template for BBPress because I don’t know how
8. Created a paged called “new forum” on which i simply wrote [bbp-forum-index]
9. Created what I like to call categories, but I guess really are different “forums”
After working on my BBPress forum for a couple of days and looking thru tutorials, I realis that there’s supposed to be an admin panel for BBPress!? I can’t find it.
Within the regular WP admin panel I do have a menus called “Forums”, “Topics” and “Replies”. And under “Settings” in the regular WP admin panel I’ve got another menu called “Forums”. In these menus there’s really not that much to do. From what I have understood there’s a admin panel specifically for BBpress, which I can’t find.
If I get the admin panel for BBPress to work, I will probably want to install a theme since the forum looks like crap when I just add [bbp-forum-index] to the page “new forum”. Can I use a theme specifically for BBPress or will that theme also affect my main blog and all the other pages? When I change to Twentyten under Appearance->Themes (Not sure if it’s called that in the EN version of WP. I use the swedish version) in the regular WP admin panel, my whole blog get that theme.
Since the old forum, Mingleforum, has about 100 posts in it, I’d like to transfer these posts and their respective categories etc to my new BBPress forum. Is that possible?
I can not express how much I would appreciate it if someone helped me with this. It’s almost 1:00 at night here and I’ve spent yesterday and the whole day today trying to get this stuff to work. I’m going crazy here, so please help me
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.