Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

howto find user ids?

• Hi all,

I am using the hidden forums plugin by _ck_ on bbPress 1.0.1 without any issues so far.

The only thing I am stuck on is getting the user id to add to the list of allowed users. It is not displayed in the bbPress users admin page, so I have to go back to the wordpress end, click on edit user & get the number from the URL.

I am using pretty permalinks in bbPress, so maybe thats why I don’t get it in the edit user profile URL there…

Anyone know of an easy way to display the user id in the bbPress back end?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

You could temporarily turn off pretty permalinks and you’ll see their id in the url.

You can also use this mini-plugin to show their user id in the profile

add_filter( 'get_profile_info_keys','bb_member_id_in_profile',255);
    function bb_member_id_in_profile($keys) {
    global $self;
    if (empty($self)==true && isset($_GET['tab'])==false && bb_get_location()=="profile-page") {
    (array) $keys=array_merge(array_slice((array) $keys, 0 , 1), array('ID' => array(0, __('Member #'))), array_slice((array) $keys, 1));
    }
    return (array) $keys;
    }

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

By the way, I am trying to understand why so few people ask these kinds of plugin specific questions on the page for the plugin itself. Can you give me any insight?

Hi _ck_ and thanks for the answer. The function above works perfectly when viewing the users profile page, is there any easy way to see the user id on the bbPress users.php page? would save having to go to each users profile to get the id.

I did ask on the plugin page, but also asked here as this forum seems to get a lot more replies.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

For a moment I didn’t realize what you were saying because 0.9 shows the user id in the admin user list.

Apparently it’s been removed in 1.0, I’ll file a bug on trac.

lisamorosky

@lisamorosky

The mini-plugin you mentioned: do you just stick that file in the plugins folder? Where do you post it to get it to work? I’m having the same issue.

sadly looks like we are stuck without an answer to this issue I went to the developers website and he has stopped working on this plugin.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

Just put this in your theme’s functions.php (create one if you don’t have one). Also put this in the beginning of code – <?php and this at the end – ?>

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar