Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to use and or set up the login system

• Adam

@adam_wordpress

I am wondering how to use the login and register .php files that buddypress has with my theme. what calls do I need to make to set up a login forum and a registration forum?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Adam

@adam_wordpress

Bump?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Please don’t bump topics here. The forums do not move quickly enough to need it.

BuddyPress and bbPress both rely on WordPress’s users tables, and you should be able to use either one. It’s possible that BuddyPress takes over the registration though, so you might need to do some investigating/development to get it working how you’d like it to.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

omg….Im sorry I meant BBPRESS…I was developing all day in buddypress hence why I said buddy press. any ways:

Site -> multisite:

site 1 = blog, regular wp-admin

site 2 = buddypress, buddypress sign in

site 3 = bbpress = no login?

i am wondering, as when i copied all the theme files like your sticky sais to for making bbpress integrate with your current wordpress theme, i saw some login, registration, forgot password and so on .php files. How can I use these to allow users to login on site 3, or to construct a form for signing up and logging in?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I do not understand what you are trying to do.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

create a login/register form for users who go to site 2. I dont want them using wp-admin as that takes them to the admin dash board when they sign in and unlike on a single (non multi site) installation of wordpress I dont know how to change the user settings when a user logs in or signs up as we discussed in: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-to-give-users-who-sign-up-forum-participant.

So I need something like buddy press where they sign in and are taken back to the forums and never see the admin pannel.

in a single (non multi site)install of wordpress I can go to settings and say any user who signs up is signed up as a forum participant and when they sign in using wp-admin all they see is dash board, forums and topics. which is ideally what I want…..

I really hope that made sense…..

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What you need to do is check the box in your forum settings that says “Allow all users of your multisite installation to create topics and replies”

This will automatically give users that post on your forum site the “Forum Participant” role.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

understood

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar