Categories
Search
Bottom

How to put the post box on top?

• bj87
    Participant

@bj87

Hey, my name is Johan.
    I just wondering how to put the postbox on top of the forum, because we have reverse forum that you se the latest post first and not last.

So i want to have the post box on top. is this possible?

Where/or how do i fix that?

I use bbPress 2.5.8 version.

Thanks in advance!
    / Johan

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi Johan, goede avond,

I suppose you can copy the content-single-forum.php to your own child theme and modify it accordingly.
    https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/step-by-step-guide-to-creating-a-custom-bbpress-theme/

Pascal.

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    You could try something like this. Place this code before the ending </html> tag in your footer.php file of your theme.

<script>
    jQuery($('.bbp-topic-form').insertAfter('#subscription-toggle');
    </script>

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

Oh thanks for answering.

Hmm i don’t have a footer.php file haha?
    Or am i looking at the wrong place perhaps..?
    What do i do then?

My knowledge of wordpress and html is so crappy and my english is also crappy, please describe in much details haha.

Thanks πŸ™‚

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    Do you have a theme footer.php file? Appearance, Themes, Editor? Everyone has that.

Thanks.

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

Then i am at the right place. But i don’t have any .php file that say footer in it what so ever haha, i’m serious…. :S

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    Can you please share your site URL? I don’t know how it is possible to not have a footer file.

Thanks.

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

http://www.barabajen.se

The forum is here and as you can se the post box is at the bottom

http://www.barabajen.se/forums/topic/bara-bajens-forum/

It’s swedish. I have never touched one php file ever. Maybe we use deafault or something…i don’t know

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    Sorry, I was trying to ask you to link to the theme but failed. Your theme does have a footer, now we just have to find the file.

Thanks.

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

I use Avada fusion as theme i think. I have looked for avada footer fusion footer and footer of any kind, but noting πŸ™ πŸ™

I do suck at this with wordpress and editing.

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

Hey i found it!!! It was translated to my language swedish, but in the little small text under it it says footer hehe dumbass Johan!

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    I would just edit the template, I could not make my code work either.

Thanks.

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

So where should i place that code again?

It looks like this in my footer.php at the end, already another script also…

// Echo the scripts added to the "before </body>" field in Theme Options
    		echo Avada()->settings->get( 'space_body' );
    		?>

<!--[if lte IE 8]>
    			<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo get_template_directory_uri(); ?>/assets/js/respond.js"></script>
    		<![endif]-->
    	</body>
    </html>

bj87
    Participant

@bj87

Help the last time, where should i paste that code you wrote in?

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

Hello,
    Please insert this code in a mu-plugin. Using FTP, create a folder named “mu-plugins” in the /wp-content directory without the quotes. Then create a file named what ever you want with a .php extention. For example, example-plugin.php.

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_footer', 'reposition_selector' );
    function reposition_selector() {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery( document ).ready(function() {
    var htmlString = jQuery('.bbp-topic-form').html();
    jQuery('.bbp-topic-form').css('display','none');
    jQuery( "<div class='bbp-topic-form'>"+htmlString+"</div>" ).insertBefore( "#subscription-toggle" );
    		});
    	</script>
        <?php
    }

Thanks.

Robkk

@robkk

@bj87

Do what @casiepa said and just put the bbPress template content-single-forum.php in a folder called bbpress in your child theme, and edit the file.

A guide like this would help you figure out how you can customize the bbPress default theme in a child theme.

https://codex.bbpress.org/themes/theme-compatibility/

Just make your file look similar to this gist.

https://gist.github.com/robkk/059c1f87b3d21cf75dd9

@tech55541
    thanks for helping out in a few topics in the support forums, but your code shows undefined messages in the user profile subscriptions section if you are subscribed to a forum.

tech55541
    Participant

@tech55541

@robkk, I am quite a new coder, I will have to test it later and figure out what is wrong.

Thanks.

Tapirk
    Participant

@tapirk

Hi, jumping into this conversation.

What Johan is asking for is to put the reply box into the top of a single topic.

What line in content-single-forum.php and/or content-single-topic.php is it that defines the (position of the) replybox?

Thanks

Tapirk
    Participant

@tapirk

When it comes to getting the reply box on top in single forum it seems to work out fine. CanΒ΄t just figure out what to change in the content-single-topic.php to make the same things happen.

/Patric

marcono
    Participant

@marcono

1. Does anyone know how to move the reply box in bbpress forum from the bottom to the top!? I tried to code but it does not work for me!!?
    2. Is it possible to make the reply box as it is in the activity page? (which is very small and handy)
    Thank you!

marcono
    Participant

@marcono

No one around! πŸ™

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar