Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to migrate bbpress standalone to bbpress plugin – WORDPRESS

• Hi guys

I am installing the bbpress plugin, deactivating all other plugins, go to Tools > Import but I cannot find the BBpress Standalone tool there. Any ideas ?

Thank You

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The very first setting on the ‘Import Forum’ page has a drop down to select which forum software you are wanting to import from bbPress, phpBB etc,

And to clarify bbPress1 is the same as bbPress Standalone

Welcome to bbPress forums!

To convert bbPress 1 to plugin version select Tools/Forums menu on Import Forums tab

Screenshot : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90154006/wpvn/bbpress_tool.png

Regards,

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@markusbb – I experienced this twice while converting bbPress.org over last night. I considered it a fluke, since it was with over 100k post entries.

In your wp_options table, should be an entry with the key ‘_bbp_converter_query’. It will indicate what the last attempted converter query is, which will narrow down the scope of your search to figure out what may have gone wrong.

Apologies that you’re having trouble, and we’d like to get whatever is wrong fixed up for the next release.

Hi John James Jacoby

Thank you for your reply and help.

I will look into this and get back to you with feedback.

Thank You

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You’re welcome!

Hi guys

I found the last query as @John James Jacob pointed out. However, I do not think that this is the issue. As I decrease the “Rows Limit” the conversion goes further one more step. I mean it will proceed one more conversion step and then hang. For instance, having “Row Limits” set to 10 it passed the “Converting topics (780 – 789)” but it hanged at “Converting topics (790 – 799)”. Before this, I set the “Row Limits” to 25, again the conversion executed one more conversion step than when the “Row Limits” set to 50.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas?

Thank You

Hi guys

Just to add to my latest reply above, I started a conversion with row limis = 100 and delay time = 1 and it was succesfull up to the lines 700-799. The conversion cannot pass that point. Whatever I do. It hangs always at 799.

Thank You

In the WordPress database’s ‘_options’ table there should be a field ‘_bbp_converter_query’ and this stores the last executed SQL query that the converter used. Have a look at this query to determine the topic id range and then open up your bbPress 1 database and the ‘_topics’ table to look at the ‘topic_id’ range that the converter is getting stuck at and see if the appears to be any bad/funky/broken data in those topics that could be causing the converter to terminate.

Hi netweb

Thank you for replying.

There is no need to check the ‘_bbp_converter_query’ to get the topic_id range since this is shown in the Forums page where the conversion hangs. But I did that for confirmation. So I removed any funky characters,etc from that range and still I cannot get it to pass that range.

Any other ideas?

Thank You

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

No idea. It’s a bug in the converter from the sounds of things, but I haven’t looked into it.

Try bumping the converter start (_bbp_converter_start) up 1 or 2, and see if it continues on.

Hi John James Jacoby

I tried your suggestion with no luck. I experience this issue on a second website as well. Could it be any database configuration settings that is causing this?

Thank You

Hi John James Jacoby

Is there any update on the issue (above) regarding the conversion from bbpress standalone to plugin ?

I need to migrate asap thus any updates on this would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

We would need more detailed information from you to be able to reproduce the problem you are having.

Hi netweb

Thank you for replying.

I have bbpress standalone and I want to migrate to bbpress plugin. When installing the bbpress plugin, then I go to tools>Forums to import the forums from bbpress standalone. At the conversion phase the converstion hangs when reach lines 700. This is the issue. I tried in on a different machine, with different installations but no luck. The thing is that when I am converting again, and I select the option “Purge all information from a previously attempted import” the conversion window shows that it deletes topics that are more than 700 line range. That means it has passed those lines but did not show me that. In any case the conversion does not work for me.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thank You

I have a problem with conversion.

I use in my site http://ice-halo.net WordPress 3.4.1 and intergated bbPress 1.0.2 http://forum.ice-halo.net with 1 date base (wp_, bb_ tables). Site on russion language.

try to export – nothing.
    _bbp_converter_start 0
    _bbp_converter_step 4
    _bbp_converter_query
    SELECT convert(forums.forum_id USING “utf8”) AS forum_id,convert(forums.forum_parent USING “utf8”) AS forum_parent,convert(forums.topics USING “utf8”) AS topics,convert(forums.posts USING “utf8”) AS posts,convert(forums.forum_name USING “utf8”) AS forum_name,convert(forums.forum_slug USING “utf8”) AS forum_slug,convert(forums.forum_desc USING “utf8”) AS forum_desc,convert(forums.forum_order USING “utf8”) AS forum_order FROM bb_forums AS forums LIMIT 0, 10

try to exec _bbp_converter_query – it works on myadmin.

What can I do to convert?

@markusbb I am running out of ideas.
    Try setting a fresh install of WordPress & bbPress on a different hosting provider or a local LAMP install on your PC and for the import use your webhosts remote SQL address to try the import again. As it will be slower using remote SQL connections lower the queries to eg. row limits = 10 and delay time = 5.

What version of bbPress Standalone are you using? If less than 1.1 can you upgrade to 1.1, does that work? If so does 1.1 -> 2.1 now work?

@galynsky Can you confirm you are using the ‘import forums’ tool or the ‘export’ tool?

Import: WP-Admin -> Tools -> Forums -> ‘Import Forums’ (/wp-admin/tools.php?page=bbp-converter)

Export: WP-Admin -> Tools -> Export

@selvakarthi
    when I activate plagin, i can see name of forum (the same table name?), but nothing else.

@netweb
    I use wp-admin/tools.php?page=bbp-converter

wil try to find 1.1, 1.1 -> 2.1.
    or rename bb_ tables to anothe prefics, maybe it helps.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar