Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to know who seen my topic or view my topic?

• bruce30
    Participant

@bruce30

can anyone knows or is it possible that i can know who sees the new topic that I’ved post in a group forum? like (Seen by )and if you hover it the list of people who seen it will appear?. just like on facebook. even just a simple one, as long as i will know who sees it., please.. anyone?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hi,
    You talk about ‘group forum’, so I suppose you have buddyPress ? Then it might be better to ask on their forum.
    Pascal.

bruce30
    Participant

@bruce30

Hi,
    Thanks for your response @casiepa, i already posted this topic on buddypress and they recommend me to post this topic here on bbpress. im in confuse right now. please help

OK, well, talking pure bbPress, there is no option that I know off. And knowing the standard database structure a bit, I don’t think anything is kept as an audit trail.

Try to look into plugins, e.g. to COUNT the views : https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/new-feature-viewhit-counts/ as that seems to be the only way to go.

Pascal.

bruce30
    Participant

@bruce30

hi @casiepa, 🙂
    i really like your suggested plugin. but i hope you can help me, is it possible that the view count will not increase if the user already view it? i min i have 8 members inside the group forum. and the view will also be 8 only, if all of them already view the topic that ived created? how can i edit the PHP file, please help if you know how.

Hi,
    That would be a question to ask in the support channel of that plugin.
    As developer I would indeed not consider to increase the counter if the same user would view it in a certain period of time. So if I’m logged in as casiepa into bbPress and I view a topic and hit 10 times the refresh of my browser, I don’t want to increase the view counter with 10. Only after e.g. 15 minutes it should be considered an extra view. But that’s my personal interpretation.
    Pascal.

bruce30
    Participant

@bruce30

hi @casiepa,
    thank you for this, your interpretation is what i need also. i already posted on their support channel. i hope someone would help there, because its been two years since the plugin was updated.

OK, if you have any news, get back here and let us know.
    Pascal.

haritatechserv
    Participant

@haritatechserv

Hello
    Used Bitly site or link for seen how many user come to your site.
    More Info – http://bit.ly/1SBZqEz

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar