Categories
Search
Bottom

How to hide the forum and its posts from visitors

• kr4tech
    Participant

@kr4tech

Dear all
    I want to hide the forum and its posts from the visitors, only the login in users can see the posts or the forum

now I hide the forum page but if anyone have a post link he can see the content even if he is not registered with us

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Just set the forum to private in

Dashboard>forums>edit forum and set visibility to’private’

Then only logged in users will see the forum

stracy2
    Participant

@stracy2

Hi Robin,

If you instead go to Dashboard>Forums>Edit and a set “Visibility” to “Hidden”, the forum is still visible (listed) to a user with the Forum Role of “Participant” (although they cannot visit the forum).

Can you confirm? This isn’t the expected, default bbPress behavior for a “Hidden” forum according to forum visibility documentation.

By “default” I mean bbPress without “bbp Private Forums” installed. I understand you are the author (awesome job!). If “Hidden” actually hid a forum, I wouldn’t require “bbp Private Forums” and I’d skip the need to donate to you :).

Robin W

@robin-w

visbility hidden should make a forum only visible to moderators and keymasters

If you are not seeing that then it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

stracy2
    Participant

@stracy2

As soon as “bbPress private forums” is enabled, all “Hidden” forums are listed (visible), even when “Click to activate forum visibility” is off.

For my use case, I’d like to use the “Remove Private prefix” option, but no other options are needed.

stracy2
    Participant

@stracy2

Correction, As soon as “bbPress private forums” is Activated…

Robin W

@robin-w

private forums overrides bbpress, and you would simply need to make any ‘hidden’ forums only accessible to a group that say contains admins.

I think this still works

Remove Private: label prefix

Put this in your child theme’s function file – or use

Code Snippets

stracy2
    Participant

@stracy2

Robin,

I can confirm the quoted method works using bbPress 2.6 RC 7.

I’m grateful for the help.

Thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

great

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar