Categories
Search
Bottom

How to Hide Forum Topics and Replies, But Not @Mentions in BP activity feed

• tomnikkola
    Participant

@tomnikkola

Hello

We have two different membership groups using our website. The first group should only see certain forum topics and replies. The other group can see all. When the members use the actual forums, this works great, but if any of the members use their activity feed, they see content from forums they should not see.

As a short-term solution, I want to hide ALL topics and replies from the activity feed, but not hide the “mentions.”

I put this in my CSS editor:

.bbpress.activity-item {
    display: none;
    }

and while it it does remove the forum topics and replies from all activity feeds, it also removes the list of mentions.

I’ve looked throughout the BuddyPress and bbPress forums and can’t find an answer. I’d much appreciate any assistance.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• BBC
    Participant

@bbc

I am also intersted.

Robkk

@robkk

There is probably a better way then CSS but it is all I could find real quick.

Does this work??

.activity-list li.bbp_topic_create, 
    .activity-list li.bbp_reply_create {
    }

tomnikkola
    Participant

@tomnikkola

Dang, that does the same thing. It takes the topics and replies out of the activity feed, but it still takes out the mentions, too @robkk. I’m bummed this is so difficult.

Robkk

@robkk

What about this?? It will hide @mentions in bbPress forums though.

.activity-list .bbpress, 
    .activity-list .bbpress {
    }

tomnikkola
    Participant

@tomnikkola

Looks like that does the same thing – hides topics, replies and mentions from the activity feed. It didn’t change from the other two CSS options I tried.

Robkk

@robkk

Yeah any @mentions happening in the forums are going to be hidden because they could be in forum replies or topics. The @mentions that are in Activity updates on their profiles or the site activity page should show up fine though.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar