Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to enable Subscription only to Topic and not Forum

• killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

I would like to make it so that the Users of my Forum can only subscribe to Topics and not Forums. I am asking this because in the Settings Section of bbpress you can toggle Subscription for both, Topics and Forums. Is that possible? Thank you

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I think you can hide the forum subscription link if you want? It might be better to remove the code in the template. You might also have to remove the Subscribed Forums in your subscriptions section of your profile.

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

I’m not that good with these Stuff, like what to remove. It would be awesome if you could tell me where. Btw I want to do this because I want to display everywhere the Search (Topic and Forum) but if once I show it on a Forum the Subscribe button messes up (btw I have the Subscribe button at the right hand corner).

Robkk

@robkk

To edit the templates make sure to copy the files from the bbPress plugin into your child theme in a folder called bbpress.

Theme Compatibility

In content-single-forum.php remove this to remove the forum subscription link.

<?php bbp_forum_subscription_link(); ?>

In user-subscriptions.php, remove all of this.

<h2 class="entry-title"><?php esc_html_e( 'Subscribed Forums', 'bbpress' ); ?></h2>
    			<div class="bbp-user-section">

<?php if ( bbp_get_user_forum_subscriptions() ) : ?>

<?php bbp_get_template_part( 'loop', 'forums' ); ?>

<?php else : ?>

<p><?php bbp_is_user_home()
    						? esc_html_e( 'You are not currently subscribed to any forums.',      'bbpress' )
    						: esc_html_e( 'This user is not currently subscribed to any forums.', 'bbpress' );
    					?></p>

<?php endif; ?>

</div>

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Alright.. thank you very much for your Support. Have a great Day Sir

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

@robkk

Is it possible to hide the link? What is the code. Differently from killer_x10, I would like to hide the topic subscribtion link (I only want forum link). Is this possible to just hide it?

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

I found it dude: https://www.satollo.net/hide-the-subscription-toggle-on-bbpress-forums

.forum #subscription-toggle {
    display: none;
    }

This will only change the CSS design and does not mess with the core functions of the theme 🙂

theicebooky
    Participant

@theicebooky

.topic #subscription-toggle {
    display: none;
    }

This is for people who want to turn off the topic subs and only have the forum subs 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar