Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to display all forum elements on actual pages?

• jovito
    Participant

@jovito

Hi,
    this is in WP 4.3.1 GeneratePress child theme.
    So far I have managed to display forum indices, topics, registration, login on actual WP pages so they can easily be designed and targeted through regular hyperlinks and menus. I used plugins like bbp StylePack and CleanLogin for this, plus the bbp shortcodes on the concerned pages.
    Now there is at least one loophole that renders everything useless. e.g. when submitting a new topic the system jumps to “Topic” view where my page style settings are ignored. Is there sth like a template for the display of topics?

Also isn’t there a list of shortcodes somewhere that show ALL attribute options, too? The bbp codex https://codex.bbpress.org/features/shortcodes/ lists only the codes, without options.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

It might be better to create a bbpress.php instead of a regular static WordPress page, because that 1 static page will not work for all of the bbPress pages. If you create a bbpress.php, all your bbPress pages will use that template instead.

See if this guide helps you any.

Getting Started in Modifying the Main bbPress Template

Since you using shortcodes you can echo the shortcodes in the bbPRess template like this.

<?php echo do_shortcode("[shortcode]"); ?>

TKServer
    Participant

@tkserver

@Robkk it seems @jovito is in an area I’ve been mucking with lately. So let me ask this… with a custom file bbpress.php in my theme, would it be directed to that page when I hit submit for a new topic or new reply, instead of the topic page mentioned above?

Robkk

@robkk

@tkserver

Well I think @jovito just put shortcodes in a regular WordPress static page and just wants how it looks to be across all bbPress pages, and that is where the bbpress.php would help.

with a custom file bbpress.php in my theme, would it be directed to that page when I hit submit for a new topic or new reply, instead of the topic page mentioned above?

The bbpress templates using theme compatibility will use a template like page.php or bbpress.php in your theme, but the topic page content will be inside of the loop of that template. Instead of using a bbpress.php file, you can put single-topic.php from the extras folder and customize it and place it in your child theme root for a template specific to a single topic page.

Is there sth like a template for the display of topics?

These are all the templates that are being used in a single topic. Using single-topic.php in the root of your child theme will be the main template being used instead of a bbpress.php template or a page.php template.

Also @jovito what kind of options for shortcodes are you talking about??

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar