Search
Bottom

how to change the post Permalinks?

• wenlujon
    Participant

@wenlujon

I changed the permalinks in wordpress->dashboard->settting->permalinks to:
    /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%post_id%.html

however, it doesn’t impact the forum at all! the link of topics in the forum are still shown as the title of the topic (I’m setting up a Chinese forum, the title of the topics would become some escaped characters).

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

Yaaay. This plugin can help you but right now I trying fix some bugs so before i do that you need flush rewrite rules manually after activating it. This plugin will be available on wordpress.org coming soon! 🙂

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

Looks like I can’t publish something here.

Yaaay. This plugin can help you but right now I trying fix some bugs so before i do that you need flush rewrite rules manually after activating it. This plugin will be available on wordpress org coming soon! 🙂

wenlujon
    Participant

@wenlujon

thanks, i tried to install the plugin, but it failed, i’m using the latest wordpress and bbpress 2.5.6

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

1. Create folder bbpress-permalinks-with-id in wp-content/plugins dir.
    2. Download 1.0.3 version github . com / korobochkin/bbpress-permalinks-with-id/releases/tag/v1.0.3 (remove spaces bbPress forum doesn’t allow publish links)
    3. Unpack archive.
    4. Put plugin folder content into the bbpress-permalinks-with-id.
    5. Activate plugin.
    6. Flush rules by visiting /wp-admin/options-permalink.php page.

And after this in all bbpress permalinks for topics and forums will be using ID’s instead of slugs.

wenlujon
    Participant

@wenlujon

it works!

BTW,
    1. the format is topic/[id]/, is it possible to remove the ending /, and replace it with .html, so it would look like topic/id.html
    2. looks like it doesn’t take effect in the forum in a buddypress group.

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

Hi. The ending / (trailing slash?) added automaticly if you setup something like /news/%POST_ID%/ on the WordPress permalinks page. And not be added if no slash at the end — /news/%POST_ID%. This works because I use user_trailingslashit() inside the code.

BuddyPress group forums not supported yet. Something hardcoded inside and I not find the solution to this issue right now but I keep digging. 🙂

Kolya Korobochkin
    Participant

@korobochkin

Already publish the plugin on wordpress org. Right now without automatically flushing rewrite rules https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-permalinks-with-id/

wenlujon
    Participant

@wenlujon

@korobochkin do you support buddypress yet?

purityboy83
    Participant

@purityboy83

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar