Categories
Search
Bottom

How to change log in text

• davidschwartzer
    Participant

@davidschwartzer

My web site is: Apple Tech Talk

I am running WordPress 4.3.1 and the current version of bbPress.

I have installed bbPress for my forum and have a registration page set up. The page has a message that says:

By registering with this blog you are also agreeing to receive email notifications for new posts but you can unsubscribe at anytime.

I seem to recall I added that text and now I would like to remove it but for the life of me I can’t find it. I have check the widgets, menus, forums settings and it doesn’t appear anywhere.

Perhaps this is standard text and I really think I added it and can’t find it now. Anyone have a clue where I should look?

Thanks,

David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

I think you just copied form-user-register.php into your theme and added that text, not entirely sure though.

davidschwartzer
    Participant

@davidschwartzer

Robkk2.0

Thanks for your response.

I don’t recall doing that but perhaps it happened in connect with I plug-in I tried. I took a quick look in the theme folder and do not see that file. Can you point me to where it might be?

Regards,

David

davidschwartzer
    Participant

@davidschwartzer

I think I have resolved this and want to share what I did in case it can help others.

Switching themes did not resolve the issue which indicated to me that the offending text was not associated with the theme’s function.php file.

As is often suggested for many issues, I deactivated all of the plug-ins and saw that the offending text went away. I then re-activated the plug-ins one by one and eventually found that the Subscribe2 plug-in was generating the offensive text (even though I still can’t find where I might have added it in). A reset of the plug-in using the provided reset function seems to have cleared the problem.

Thanks to everyone who offered assistance in this issue.

regards,

David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar