Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add search bar and Breadcrumbs for Forum?

• zvonfeng
    Participant

@zvonfeng

I want to have a search bar and Breadcrumbs for my Forums but can’t find place to set up. I wonder is there a Forum.php thing or I will have to use a plugin to do all those? Or there is a setting area that I didn’t find out?

Also there is a problem with the forum. For example, I have A and B forums and I created a topic in A, then when I open B forum, the A topic will show up in B, too! Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a way for me to fix it?

Any help would be appreciate!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

you should have breadcrumbs and searchbar by default

for searchbar look in

dashboard<settings>forums>forum features and make sure that ‘search’ is ticked.

Your theme can prevent breadcrumbs from showing, as can other plugins

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

zvonfeng
    Participant

@zvonfeng

Thank you for helping!

I think the problem was Theme after the steps you showed me.
    I will contact Theme support to fix that part.

But the other problem is still there:
    For example, I have A and B forums and I created a topic in A, then when I open B forum, the A topic will show up in B, too.
    But I don’t want A’s topic showing up in B. How do I do that?

Robin W

@robin-w

But the other problem is still there:
    For example, I have A and B forums and I created a topic in A, then when I open B forum, the A topic will show up in B, too.
    But I don’t want A’s topic showing up in B. How do I do that?

Is the issue there with all plugins disabled AND a default theme?

zvonfeng
    Participant

@zvonfeng

Yes.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, just had a look

You have made that topic ‘super sticky’ – which is why it is appearing at the top of every forum

Change to sticky to get at the top of just the forum it belongs to

or normal to be just a topic

Robkk

@robkk

@zvonfeng

are you using pieces of this theme https://github.com/syamilmj/Supportte

or did your theme come with that kind of forum layout??

because it says you need to install the search everything plugin for the search bar to appear.

and also i see breadcrumbs by the title.

other than that if you did take parts of the Supportte theme it would be harder to customize than the default bbPress theme.

zvonfeng
    Participant

@zvonfeng

@Robin W
    Oh ok! Now I know what super sticky does now. Thank you very much!
    The problem with search bar and Breadcrumbs, I have to show Title of the page to also let Breadcrumbs to show. So i was able to compromise that.

I am still waiting for answer from my Theme support to figure out how to put search bar on there.

@Robkk

No, I used HB Highend.
    I don’t know what knid layout my theme has for Forum, but the layout of forum is pretty poor looking from Highend.

And yea, I had to compromise to show my page title if I want breadcrumbs, so it was able to show up now.

projectprince
    Participant

@projectprince

I have ticked the option Allow users to subscribe to forums and topics. But the link for subscribing to forums is not displayed.

Breadcrumbs are being shown in my page title, but without the subscribe link.

Without the page title, the breadcrumbs aren’t shown at all. Does anyone know if this is due to the theme I’m using (Avada)?

I would like my members to be able to subscribe to forums. Does anyone know how I can add the required link?

Robkk

@robkk

@projectprince

try this first

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

if the issue is only happening when only avada is the current theme then contact avada for help putting it back.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar