Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How to add a “New Topic” Button and Page?

• killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Hello there everyone, I actually kinda wanted a “New Topic Button” on my Forum so kinda like, insdead of this:

The Image shows that to add a Topic, the Form is just at the end of topic list and I really don’t like the idea of it.

I wanted it like this and the Pagination only at the end of the Page

Is there a possible way of doing it or is there a plugin that I could download? Thank you very much for the Answers 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

search the forums, I have said how to do this many times. There are two different ways one using a drop link and another using the new topic shortcode in a page and linking to that.

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Alright Sir, I’ll go and search the Forums

Robkk

@robkk

If you need any additional help with setting it up, reply back here.

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Hello there Sir, I have found something but the shortcut adds the new topic and you have to manually select which Forum you want to post the Topic. I have created some Categories and in those Categories some Forums, so I wanted that once I go to the Forum Page, a New Topic Button will appear and the bottom new topic form will be hidden, then once I click the New Topic Button, it will just display the Form that was before and I do not have to select the Forum I want to post to, it will post to the Forum where I have clicked the Button. So, like phpbb

Example http://gramziu.hekko24.pl/demo/viewforum.php?style=22&f=2

Is that possible to do? Thank you

Robkk

@robkk

That way of doing might be custom development for now. Might be built later because it is heavily requested.

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Oh, I understand.. thank you anyway. Do you have any Information of when it might be built?

Robkk

@robkk

Could be whenever I get around to it, or someone else figures out how before me. It might be pretty simple to do though.

killer_x10
    Participant

@killer_x10

Alright, I hope it get’s built soon. It’s a very good feature though.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar