Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How long?

• Out of curiosity, I’m waiting for the bbpress version 1 to start a forum since late November 2008. Is there anyone have any idea how long or when (ETA on release) Satiable Version 1 would be available?

or

Do you think it’s Best to start off with 0.9x?

Thanks

j

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I wouldn’t wait. There is no release date set that I am aware of.

> I wouldn’t wait.

Sorry if I did not understand it clear.

Do you mean that, starting from scratch, it is far better to set up and test with the 1beta version that the 0.9 one?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I can’t recommend using Alpha on a production site. Therefore I would use the 0.9 branch.

(BTW, that’s my advice, but I didn’t take my own advice. I am using the alpha on a production site, but I’m aware of the pitfalls.)

thanks for the reply guys…

I really like this Version 1 and I done some theme work on this as well… thats Why I was & I am waiting for the Version 1 to be released…

Most of the plug-ins DO work with V1 alpha so far (at-least the once i want).. anyway… Let me wait for may be another month (till Mid Feb) or i will go with 0.9.x

PS: I;m Looking to start a New forum and I’m already using the Latest WordPress. I want this forum to be Integrated so that From specified Forum i can list the topics in WordPress site as well.. sort of merging wordpress into bbPress (My Idea is to keep one Forum hidden only can accessed by Mods & Admins who can post Topics and it will be Listed in the wordpress front end… sort of!)..

Thanks again for the replies…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar