Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How is bbPress forum page setup?

• I’m looking to get the same setup as this here forum. I can’t figure out how you get your topics to show as the main content on your “forums” page. If your page slug is set to “forums”, and you have your bbPress slugs set to “forums”, then bbPress reads it as the forum-archives page, isn’t that right?

In that case, I’d have to make the forum-archives php file into a topics archive (then use the forums list widget for the sidebar).

And then, once you get the topics to show up on the “forums” page, you have a “Forums” sidebar on the left with names and descriptions, which the built-in widget doesn’t have an option for.

Even with a fully-custom page template, the fact that the slug is “forums” causes the conflict and automatically shows the forums archive page. Does that makes sense?

Any hints on how you did this? Thanks very much in advance.

Dave

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I couldn’t find any clear documentation on how to setup WP pages to work with bbPress, so I’m at a loss on how to use a page called “Forums” to show latest topics with a “list of forums” sidebar (instead of “Forums” displaying the forums archive).

Any ideas?

Andre
    Participant

@andrejcarter

There’s not an easy way to do it yet because there isn’t a shortcode to display the latest topics. I’m sure there’s a way to code it, but I haven’t looked into how to do that.

Also, bbpress.org doesn’t uses bbpress 2.x yet.

Looking for the same and will follow this thread to see if we can get an answer. Thanks for posting the question.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar