Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do you post images and video in 2.1?

• unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

The new editor is awesome but I didn’t see options for these 2 items. Is this being worked on or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You can post videos by use using the URL, just like you do in a WordPress post.

Just enable this in the settings (this is 2.1 only) http://sht.tl/GSr

Right now bbPress doesn’t ship with image upload capabilities, this might be worth a look https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/ – I have not personally used it with 2.1 though.

unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

Oh sweet, thanks for the guidance. I wonder if posting images is on the roadmap?

I think they are going to be looked at more in depth for 2.2.

Until then you can use the attachment plugin or there will be another plugin coming out that will enable images with the tinymce editor.

unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

Is there a plugin that you know of that lets you post an image without attaching it? Like the bbcode [img]?

unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

Thanks for all the guidance Jared. How do we get the plugins section on this site cleaned up?

All the plugins on bbPress.org are for bbPress 1.0.

The plugins for bbPress 2.x go on WordPress.org.

Eventually the plugins listed here will be archived to help with the confusion :)

unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

Okay, last series of questions for a bit.

How do I properly install 2.1 into a developmental BuddyPress site? I want to launch a site with everything, WordPress, Buddypress, and bbPress has to offer. Today I run a site that is based on Vanilla Forums (grumble) and another site that is phpBB.

The reason I ask so much about video and images is because these sites are based around music so with music you have a ton of photos of performances and video. I’d like to make it as easy as possible for users to share these media types in Forum posts since that is today where they classically have shared them.

Does this seem like a sound(pun?) approach or am I missing something?

To my knowledge you should just be able to install 2.1 (drop the bbPress folder into your plugins directory) and BuddyPress should just “find it”.

unholyfruitbat

@unholyfruitbat

Oh, this is if I’m using the bbPress “integrated” with BuddyPress. As in I installed bbPress through BuddyPress. It seems this muddies the waters a bit. I think I’ll just wait :)

[root@test plugins]# find . -name bbpress

./buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress

./bbpress

./bbpress/bbp-theme-compat/bbpress

./bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/bbpress

[root@test plugins]# ls buddypress/bp-forums/

bb-config.php bp-forums-bbpress.php bp-forums-loader.php

bbpress bp-forums-bbpress-sa.php bp-forums-screens.php

bp-forums-actions.php bp-forums-filters.php bp-forums-template.php

bp-forums-admin.php bp-forums-functions.php

[root@test plugins]# ls bbpress (this is a svn sync)

bbp-admin bbp-languages bbp-theme-compat humans.txt license.txt

bbp-includes bbpress.php bbp-themes index.php readme.txt

[root@test plugins]#

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar