Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Home Theater Network Forum

• I created a new forum dedicated to home theater networks at HTNforum.com. It lets users ask questions and comment on how to set up a home theater network and different devices such as HDTVs, HTPCs, speakers, receivers, Blu-ray, game consoles, amps, home networking, home automation and more.

I have a WordPress site that goes along with HTNforum at YourHTN.com and it’s designed to let people post pictures and talk about their home theater networks. I made it so users can vote and rank each other’s home theaters.  I found wordpress to not be the best tool for asking and answering questions so BBpress was perfect as it let me add a forum without my hundreds of users having to create a new account.

My forum site has been up for a few weeks now and I haven’t noticed any major bugs. I would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to improve the forum. Thanks and keep up the good work with BBpress!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That’s a pretty neat customization. Nice job.

I want to integrate my bbPress forum into the WordPress blog just like you have. Please tell me the steps you took to do this. My blog uses WordPress 2.8 and works great. I just downloaded bbPress 0.905, installed it, and it too is working great. I just want to marry the two.

Thanks

Well, there were lots of steps. Mostly it was changes to the CSS so the first step would be to take a look at my CSS. I didn’t change any non-theme related files. The plugins I’m using are BBcode buttons toolbar, BBcode lite, bb topics view, and post Count plus. Probably the main thing I do different is that regular users shouldn’t see the admin pages of BBpress. Instead they get redirected to the wordpress admin pages.

Sambauers put a great video together on how to get wordpress and bbpress working together:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/basic-integration-screencast

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar