Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide Forums / forums page from public BBPress

• 007elt
    Participant

@007elt

Hello,
    I am using BBPress with the la in conjunction with Ultimate Member (everything is latest version). Our forums are supposed be completely private for non logged in users. This works for the individual forums and topics.
    Unfortunately, we discovered that if you put in “Forums” after the website URL an index of all forums with topics shows up. You are not able to access them, but it is really not good for us to have this information show up at all.
    How can I prevent the Forums index from appearing by typing the URL. Can this be done? I would really be grateful for some help here. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so are the forums set as private ?

007elt
    Participant

@007elt

Hi Robin. Thanks very much for your reply. That did the trick. I had actually tried setting the Forums page (index page with all forums) “private” but had the situation that nobody could see anything..(got an Error 404) so somehow thought that it wouldn’t work in the indiv. BBPress Forums. Anyway, I have now set the individual forums to “private” and the forums page to “public” and now the list doesn’t appear when you put in the URL…You just get the page title (which I can live with).

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar