Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Hide forum post content in activity streams?

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

We have bbPress integrated with BuddyPress. We have an educational based membership site which is lesson based. The member’s access to forums in bbPress is controlled by what lesson student currently has, so if a student isn’t on lesson 5 yet, they can’t see the forum for lesson 5. We use a membership script to accomplish these permissions.

When any student creates a topic/reply in bbPress, this shows in the activity stream of BuddyPress (personal and site-wide). Because we do not want students reading topics/replies of forums they don’t have access to yet, is there a method of hiding just the content of the topic/reply in the activity streams within BuddyPress?

I have all forums as private, but content of each topic/reply is still showing in BP activity stream.

We would love to keep the topic/reply titles and and participants in the activity stream, just not the content/excerpt.

I seen the “bbp-reply-content” div class in bbPress. Is there a method of maybe hiding only this in BuddyPress? Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

I’m still testing, but I think this does it:

.activity-list li.bbp_topic_create .activity-content .activity-inner, .activity-list li.bbp_reply_create .activity-content .activity-inner {
    	display: none !important;
    }

It shows bbPress forum titles in BuddyPress activity streams, but not content of the reply/post.

Hope this helps anyone who might need it.

Robkk

@robkk

@andrew55

that looks like it would do it.

If you need to make sure , since the activity part is BuddyPress go contact the BuddyPress team support.

https://buddypress.org/support/

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

@robkk – thanks for the clarification.

andrew55
    Participant

@andrew55

Actually, this isn’t working right. I prevents any topic/replies from being posting on activity walls at all. I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

I’m wondering if this might do it – putting a div class around the topic/reply content in the template files of bbPress, and then only hiding this div in BuddyPress. But then I’m thinking it might result in the same issue – nothing topic/replies show in activity wall at all.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar