Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

hidden forum

• batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

Since hidden forum is set for moderator and above role right? Is it possible though that Admin/Keymaster person can select who can access to this hidden forum regardless of their roles? e.g. at VIP hidden forum, the keymaster wants to have John (participant), Mary (spectator) and Abbi (moderator) to have access to this hidden forum. How to set this up? That means though Steven is another (participant), he will not have access to this hidden forum. Another word, this hidden forum members are selected based on ‘person’ not ‘roles’ possible?
    Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

This is not currently available to do in bbPress ‘out of the box’ there are various plugins that will allow you to do this though. S2Member, Members, Restrict Content Pro.

Plugins

We do plan on including this ”out of the box’ in a future version though. 🙂

batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

Yes please. out of the box will really help newbie like me 🙂 Thanks for your support and clever idea.

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve documented how to do this with members plugin and bbpress permissions plugin.

http://www.rewweb.co.uk/creating-bbpress-groups/

BUT be aware that you need to disable the search function, and use other widgets with care !

I am still working on a groups plugin, fighting my way round the search function at the moment to stop it being a backdoor. Hope to be finished in the new few weeks, but said that two weeks ago !

batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

Awesome Robin.

about the ‘search’ function, meanwhile is there a way to use another search function on the forum? this is very important function though 🙂 thanks for your great support.

Robin W

@robin-w

Not really without some code, and I’m busy doing that for my plugin, and it won’t readily adapt for the above method – hence why I’m writing a plugin.

I’m not far off now, cracked the search yesterday, now a major tidy up !

batmanfan
    Participant

@batmanfan

You are a legend, Robin. Keep up the good work.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar