Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help with bbpress2.1 to replace Buddypress group forums

• I am using WP 3.3-RC2 + latest nightlies of bbpress 2.1 and BuddyPress 1.6. I am trying to get BuddyPress’s group forums replaced by bbpress. Once I disable “Discussion Forums” settings in Buddypress then bbpress settings will show me the option “Allow BuddyPress Groups to have their own forums”.

I can’t get it to work. Is this still in development or am I doing something wrong? Following trac timeline I thought this should work now.

Can someone please clear me up or guide me through the process to get Buddypress group forums working with this bbpress setting???

Unfortunately I don’t like BuddyPress Group forums…

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Not finished yet, so don’t expect them to work until beta.

mrjarbenne
    Participant

@mrjarbenne

Is there a place where I could read how these two worlds are inevitably going to collide? I currently have Group Forums enabled in a BP 1.5.3 with 200+ groups. One of those groups is a Support group, to help with navigation of the community, use, BP, WP (it’s a multisite), etc. which gets lost amidst the other active groups.

I’m tempted to turn on the Sitewide Forum option (separate from groups), but feel like perhaps the two options are really a stop-gap measure until the new bbpress replaces bbpress 1.x for groups. Currently it looks like the sitewide forum (Support) on testbp.org and the Forum Directory (global directory of all of the discussion within all of the public groups) aren’t aware of one another.

I’m patient, should I hold off on enabling Sitewide Forums until bbpress 2.x becomes THE forum functionality at work in BP.

How seamlessly will this migration be, and will it be easier if I just stick with group forums for now.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Probably easiest to stick with what you have, at least for your users. Eventually the bbPress 2 templates and styling will take over forums entirely, and you’ll have the option to migrate your existing forums over, which will be strongly recommended.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar