Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Group Forum Permalink Wrong

• Sparkey
    Participant

@sparkey

I hope someone can help, I feel like I have tried everything and searched everywhere.

We are running WP 4.0.1 – BP 2.1.1 – BBPress 2.5.4 –
    I am trying to enable group forums and following the newest instructions I found but when I enable them, the links to the forums change and go to error 404.
    I have group forums clicked, if you visit: http://godstuff.ablurk.com/forums (dynamically created by BBPress?) and hover down the list of forum links you can see which ones have bad links and give 404s, some still work, ALL these forums were created back in BP 1 as group forums with no BBPress and yet they act differently now, some permalinks change and some don’t???? One changes to – /groups/share-music-videos/forum/ ???
    In the sidebar I have godstuff.ablurk.com/forums/forum/online-resources hard linked in the features menu, when clicked and it redirects to /groups/forum/ and 404s.

I hope some one can help

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

see if its a plugin or theme issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Sparkey
    Participant

@sparkey

Thank you Robkk for the help. I deactivated all the plugins a couple weeks ago and checked that, no help at all.

I had forgotten about the theme thing, I did as you suggested this morning and changed to 2012, no help, I clicked on the hardcoded sidebar link and it redirected it to a bad ugly link. Which it wouldn’t do if I uncheck the “group forums” check box at bbpress settings.

Bummed

Robin W

@robin-w

What is the setting in

Dashboard>settings>permalinks

Sparkey
    Participant

@sparkey

Hi Robin

Same as it has been for years:

http://godstuff.ablurk.com /%category%/%postname%

Robkk

@robkk

@sparkey

yeah if you have the default settings in the permalinks section it would show a weird url like

example.com/?post_type=forum

try changing it to post-name

Robin W

@robin-w

Which it wouldn’t do if I uncheck the “group forums” check box at bbpress settings.

can you explain what you mean by this ie

Dashboard>settings>…. etc.

Thanks

Sparkey
    Participant

@sparkey

Robkk – I am not sure what you mean

Robin W The checkbox I am refering to is

Dashboard>settings>Forums

then halfway down that page you have:
    BuddyPress Integration

Forum settings for BuddyPress
    Enable Group Forums Allow BuddyPress Groups to have their own forums

Robin W

@robin-w

@sparkey – ahh buddypress – sorry I know very little about BP, hopefully someone else can help

Sparkey
    Participant

@sparkey

Well thank you so much Robin and Robkk for trying, and Robin, I know what you mean about Buddypress, I tried this question over there on the forum and didn’t get any response.

I guess nobody knows how it works LOL

I have been trying to think of a more specific way to word the question, I assume that BBPress looks into the database somehow – somewhere to create these crazy permalinks.

Anyway Thank you

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar