Categories
Search
Bottom

GDPR EU legislation

• Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

In power from 28.05.2018.

What is stance of bbPress core about it ?
    What needs to be done.

I have not seen anyone is working on a plugin for compliance.

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

• Stagger Lee
    Participant

@stagger-lee

Strange, funny coincidence.

Just today I checked what it is about one spam I am getting from one se(x) dating site. I noticed in last 1-2 years avalanche of this problem. Suspected someone is selling my e-mail address.

Went there and:

– Dedicated Page about how are they compliant with coming GDPR regulation.
    – FAQ says if you want to delete account “simply do not login anymore”.
    – Someone sold them my e-mail address.
    – They simply take anything before @ and use as Username
    – They sent password to my mail Inbox in clear text.

But OK, will wait end of the May, and URL (Username & Password too) goes directly to the “officer”. With pleasure. They are in the EU.

I guess this would count as second part of my theory. “Lie”, not just “do not tell”.
    Would be enough with Gmail filter to directly delete all spam from this sender, if it is not that morons take people’s real names. If those are used in e-mail addresses.
    Imagine my wife sees it.

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

Slack conversations can be hard to follow, anyways here’s a chat recap:
    • https://make.wordpress.org/core/2018/02/16/gdpr-compliance-chat-recap-february-14th/

Thanks for this @casiepa 🙂

p.s. I’d also like to echo what Robin said, please keep the conversation about the GDPR and not make it personal, we all have differing opinions, and many of us are coming to this from different angles, for example I’m in Australia, we’ve got no legal privacy protections (this isn’t quite true, but it seems like it most of the time) but I’m more than happy to try to understand what the GDPR entails and how we can make bbPress GDPR compliant 🙂

Stephen Edgar
    Keymaster

@netweb

BuddyBoss
    Participant

@buddyboss

We have released a plugin to help with bbPress GDPR compliance: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-gdpr/

BuddyBoss
    Participant

@buddyboss

We’ve released a plugin to help with bbPress GDPR compliance:

bbPress GDPR

fuzendecorbali
    Participant

@fuzendecorbali

After much research, we have decided to use a plugin and then delete any information stored on our databases. Also added the privacy policy page with a delete request data form.

Viewing 6 replies - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar