Categories
Search
Bottom

Full width forum

• gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Hello,

I am using [bbp-topic-index] to display a forum on my site. But is not using all the available space. There is about 135px space between forum and right sidebar and it is wasted. I want to make it full width, how can I achieve this? You can see forum here.

Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

add this to your style.css

#bbpress-forums {
    width: 700px !important;
    }

Functions files and child themes – explained !

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Hello,

Thanks for your reply but it didn’t work. I added it to style.css, but it is still the same.

FlyFishersCorner
    Participant

@flyfisherscorner

Many themes set the width. Is it something you can change in theme options?

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve just looked and the code I suggested is not there, have you taken it away again?

I tested it on your site and it worked.

Are you sure you reloaded then site afterwards – some browsers remember style.css’s so the changes don’t always seem to have taken unless you refresh them, or shutdown/restart the browser.

Robin W

@robin-w

@flyfisherscorner – unfortunately the way bbpress works means that changing theme widths rarely works – Don’t blame me, I didn’t write it !

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

That’s strange. When I look at the style.css, I can see the code here.

I tried it in different browser as well but didn’t work I also tried width: 100% !important;

Robkk

@robkk

your theme is missing some body classes , or i cant find any.

if you find out the post id of this particular page and try

.postid-(yourpostid) .pure_content {
      float: none !important;
    }

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Robkk thanks a lot for your help but it is not working. It is not that important anyway. Thanks again for trying to help.

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Just after posting the above message, I decided to give it one more try and added width property to the bbpress.css file under #bbpress-forums . And voilĂ , it is showing properly now. Although I have no idea why it is ignoring the same one in style.css.

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

My final update about this topic, in case it helps some one.

Putting the value at the style.css as not working, because there was a missing “}” at the code. I found it and corrected it, now everything works properly.

Although, I have found out that putting a fixed value like “width: 720px” is not a very good idea, because it breaks the mobile display.

Because of that, I put “width: 120%”, and now both desktop and mobile display works properly.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed, and thanks for posting the solution

gezginrocker
    Participant

@gezginrocker

Thanks, but I’ve just realized that problem still continues. This time the topic listing page looks ok on desktop, but at indiviual topic pages text is extended through the right sidebar and it is unreadable.

I’m fed up with this, and I’m leaving it as it is.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar