Search
Bottom

Forum topics template different to Index pages

• toomba
    Participant

@toomba

Hello,

Previous problem
    Yesterday I was having trouble fixing the template for the forum index (Troubleshooting post here)

Now I’ve fixed that, I seem to have another problem (though I’m not sure if it existed before I fixed the index).

My current problem

Topic pages are not appearing. They appear as links on the indexes, and I can create new ones, however if I click them, I am taken to a page of a messed up template (elements scattered everywhere). Something appears very broken somewhere. As soon as I create a new topic, it posts it with a title (eg: websitename.com/forum/topics/turquoise-curtains-4-11-14)
    However, when inspecting the source code, none of the content of the post is there.

Question

Has this been encountered by other users?
    Does anyone have any pointers on how I can go about troubleshooting this problem?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• toomba
    Participant

@toomba

I’m still clueless on this. Can anyone perhaps help? Some pointers at least?

Robin W

@robin-w

Topic pages are not appearing. They appear as links on the indexes, and I can create new ones, however if I click them, I am taken to a page of a messed up template

so I suspect that the links are working fine, it’s just the template is conflicting, suspect theme issue

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

toomba
    Participant

@toomba

Hi Robin, thanks for the reply.

I’ve only just come back to this problem, and I followed your advice with the plugins. I don’t know why I didn’t try it before. It seems the custom permalinks plugin was causing the error. I’ve now disabled it, however am without custom permalinks for my site.

Does anyone have any experience successfully using custom permalinks with bbpress?

toomba
    Participant

@toomba

I just had a search through the forum here for permalink issues. It appears the newest release of wordpress broke permalinks and there’s a ticket out to request a fix.

In the meantime, can anyone provide a workable solution? Changing my permalinks appears to either break my existing links across my website, or break my forum reply pages.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar