Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum index page grabbing different template to main forum

• toomba
    Participant

@toomba

Hello,

My index (archive?) forum page is grabbing a different template from the one specified in the bbpress.php files I made. Well, I used debug bar, and it said the forum index page was serving the same template (bbpress.php) as the normal forum pages. However, it clearly isn’t as it’s displaying it has different elements + css working on them.

The problem is huge, as it’s grabbing the template I use for the main page, which has a sidebar (‘.twocol’) which I’ve reduced the width to 33.2%. This means the box the forum page is appearing in is totally squashed. I can’t amend the css for the forum index page without ruining my front page.

Can anyone help me figure out which template is being called by the forum index page, and how to make sure it just refers to the bbpress.php file?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

If you are using the shortcode

[bbp-forum-index]

on a page, then the template that page is using can be called but sub pages will use bbpress.php

See if that is your issue

toomba
    Participant

@toomba

No, that’s not it. I’ve now even deleted the (previously blank) page, and it’s still appearing squashed, pulling a different template.

toomba
    Participant

@toomba

I ended up deleting the forum index page, and readding it, then changed the template and put in the shortcode. It’s working now. Thanks for the reply!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – good to know that the good old “start again” technique still works 🙂 That’s computers for you !

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar