Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum topics not showing up.

• itanksalot
    Participant

@itanksalot

Hello guys.

I have spent the good part of a week now trying to find the solution, but i simply cant.

My site http://www.overdose-guild.com is nearly done, but my forums are acting up.

In the start i could add topics, but now they are not showing up. Tried the reset forums, but that didnt even reset it. Am i doing something wrong? I dont have that many plugins.

Any known issues? And i know there is a few topics with this.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robkk

@robkk

give me a link to your forums section

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

Just starting with bbpress and only created one topic- but it has disappeared.

Robkk

@robkk

@eastdevonalliance

It could be a plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

you can also see if your theme is causing the issue but its probably more of a plugin issue..

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

if not come back

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

It’s a live site with over 80 plugins to provide various bits of functionality – so this is not going to be easy.

I do have a few bbpress-related plugins – which I can easily disable / re-enable without disrupting the main site – is it more like to be these plugins?

Thx. Paul

Robkk

@robkk

most likely it could be only the bbPress related plugins, go ahead and deactivate the bbPress plugins first then come back and give me your results.

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

I deactivated all bbpress related plugins except bbpress itself, and the problem remains. IN the back end I have one topic in one forum, in the front end it says:

“This forum contains 1 topic, and was last updated by East Devon Alliance 4 days, 23 hours ago.

Oh bother! No topics were found here.”

Given the number of other plugins which are essential to my site and cannot be deactivated, I am not sure how to proceed now.

Robkk

@robkk

email me some login details for an admin account you will create , so i can see the plugins and try to see what plugins might cause the issue.

im not going to deactivate any, i just really want to see the whole plugin list so you dont have to write it down here for me.

when im done , ill tell you to delete the admin account you created for me.

Contact

EastDevonAlliance
    Participant

@eastdevonalliance

Details of activated plugins sent.

Mostly up to date.

Robkk

@robkk

@eastdevonalliance

i sent like 3 emails to help you.

if it didnt send they basically said

deactivate Relevenssi because it has had issues with bbPress before
    deactivate Disable Comments because if you didnt create a bbpress.php it might cause issues.
    check for conflicting CSS in the topic area
    clear cache because i cant think of anything else.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar