Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Page not working

• buzzybee24
    Participant

@buzzybee24

Hello, I have just installed bbpress and the forums page is showing up like this:

Search for: Home › Forums Forum Topics Posts Freshness Beauty, Health & Fitness 0 0 No Topics Chat Communities ACT (0, 0) NSW (0, 0) NT (0, 0) QLD (0, 0) SA (0, 0) TAS (0, 0) VIC (0, 0) WA (0, 0) 0 0 No Topics DIY Projects DIY Decorations (0, 0) DIY Favors […]

The forums I have created are showing up in a nice boxed format which I expected but my forums page isn’t I have checked the settings and gone back through the installation instructions but for some reason it shows up as a whole lot of text not in a nice forum layout?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• phpnukes
    Participant

@phpnukes

What version of wordpress are you using?

Looks like this development is still alive judging from their date of blog posts.

However bbpress is not up to date as from today’s date with wordpress 3.9

Broken
    2.5.3 Tested on wordpress 3.9 it says installed but no admin forum links in the wordpress admin settings.

may work with older versions of wordpress

Must be work in progress

buzzybee24
    Participant

@buzzybee24

Hi, thanks!
    Okay so I have 3.9 how do I instal an older version of WordPress?

phpnukes
    Participant

@phpnukes

Your forums are showing in your settings.
    Mine are not so maybe since bbPress are claiming 2.5.3 is compatible to 3.9 there could be a confict with the theme: I’m using twentyfourteen or another plugin installed could be the problem.

Plugins installed could be the issue try deactivating all your plugins to see if it fixes things. Then active each plugin one by one to establish which plugins are causing the problem.

Don’t install an older version of wordpress quite just yet.

There are no issues using bbPress 2.5.3 and WordPress 3.9 they are 100% compatible.

Any issues will be as @phpnukes points out theme issues or plugin conflicts.

I suspect your issue @buzzybee24 is indeed a theme issue, check your themes faq and/or support sites for information on using your theme with bbPress v2.x. If you can’t find anything most likely you will need to make a copy of your themes page.php file and rename it to bbpress.php in your theme folder.

@phpnukes
    Your issue will be a plugin conflict as to why some of the items are missing in the dashboard.

phpnukes
    Participant

@phpnukes

Thanks Stephen,
    Yes for me it was a plugin Ad King Pro that was in conflict with bbpress.
    My bbpress is working perfectly.
    I’ll run along to Ad King Pro to establish whats going on.
    The AdKingPro plugin is quite extensive in functions bordering overload but still useful.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you’re fixed !

buzzybee24
    Participant

@buzzybee24

Okay thanks, so I have turned off all the plugins and it is still showing up like above.
    So obviously its to do with my theme, is there a step by step thread of how to fix this?
    Thanks a lot for your help everyone 🙂

@buzzybee24 In your WordPress theme folder eg \wp-content\themes\mytheme

Look for a file named page.php and make a copy of this file and rename it to bbpress.php

buzzybee24
    Participant

@buzzybee24

I’m using ProPhoto as my theme? Is there any css or anything I can use to fix it?

buzzybee24
    Participant

@buzzybee24

I figured it out 🙂 I got it working, thanks a lot everyone!

Awesome 🙂

jeremyers1
    Participant

@jeremyers1

What did you do to get it working? I am having the exact same problem and am not sure what to do to fix it.

jeremyers1
    Participant

@jeremyers1

I did that, and it didn’t fix it.

@jeremyers1 Have a look at your themes support site to seee if they support bbPress, if you cannot find any mention send them an email or post on their support forums.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar