Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum main page empty author mark

• Caseylifec
    Participant

@caseylifec

WordPress 4.2.2 running Make theme. bbPress Version 2.5.7
    The site is in countdown mode, so there’s nothing to see there. But I created a forums page using the permalink method and it works well, except I can’t seem to get rid of the useless and annoying empty author mark. Can anyone help?
    file:///Users/caseydixon/Desktop/Forums%20page%20empty%20author%20mark.png

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

Can you give a bit more detail? I’m not sure which empty author mark you mean (can you upload your screengrab to the web and post the image here as obviously that one in your post hasn’t worked)

Maybe someone else will know what this means? But I’m not sure. Will help if possible!

Caseylifec
    Participant

@caseylifec

Okay – I guess I am really clueless, but how can I send you a picture of it? I tried a screenshot, and that did not work. I created a page in my site, but it’s not live yet, so that won’t work. Ugh.

Any ideas? I really appreciate you reaching out to help, PinkishHue!

Caseylifec
    Participant

@caseylifec

I made the forums page using the permalink method and it works great. The problem is that underneath the list of available forums there is a gray circle with a white head and the word By, as if there should be an author shown. But this is the page of all of the forums by various authors. I can’t seem to get it to go away. I would love to share a screenshot, but apparently I don’t get how to do that either. Anyone?

PinkishHue
    Participant

@pinkishhue

Sorry for the delayed reply, you could upload your screengrab to http://imgur.com and then give us the link.

Do you have some topics within your forums? Could it be that the template is saying ‘by’ as it’s trying to show the latest topic but there’s no topic there to show?

And what theme are you using? It could be that the ‘by’ has been hard coded in to the templates?

Robkk

@robkk

I made the forums page using the permalink method and it works great. The problem is that underneath the list of available forums there is a gray circle with a white head and the word By, as if there should be an author shown. But this is the page of all of the forums by various authors. I can’t seem to get it to go away.

@caseylifec

sounds like post meta that is being shown because of your theme and the template that bbPress is using from that theme to show the forums.

You can hide that data with CSS or remove it completely by creating a template specifically for bbpress and remove the code that is rendering the data. Link to your site so I could help you remove the data with CSS.

If you want to try removing the code you can also try following this guide too.

https://codex.bbpress.org/theme-compatibility/getting-started-in-modifying-the-main-bbpress-template/

Caseylifec
    Participant

@caseylifec

A friend of mine removed the ugly blank author mark from the main forums page by adding a

div.entry-author {
    display: none;

In the style sheet for that post. I seems to have worked out well so far!

Thank you to Robkk and PinkishHue for the offered help!

Robkk

@robkk

@caseylifec

You might have to try this to only remove it on bbPress pages and not on blog posts.

#bbpress-forums div.entry-author {
      display: none;
    }
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar