Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

forum cover art….

• ixixy
    Participant

@ixixy

I would like to know how I can put up a ‘forum cover image’ on the page of each of my forums…..
    I was hoping to use the ‘featured image’ function and display a landscape image on top of the page.

For example, if i am running a fitness forum community with a cardio workouts forum, and put up a cover image showing pple doing cardio….. and then for the weights forum, i’d have a weights cover image.

How could I do this?

FYI My knowledge of wordpress, bbpress, buddypress is beginner – intermediate. I know how to edit files, but not write code myself.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• ixixy
    Participant

@ixixy

I’m really glad that i posted this when I did,
    Based on the response times from other threads,
    I’m expecting a response to this thread
    sometime around Fall of 2018….

Robkk

@robkk

See if this post can help lead you to create what you want.

https://wpshout.com/wordpress-custom-post-backgrounds/

ixixy
    Participant

@ixixy

@robkk, thank you very much for your response. you are totally awesome :0

I looked at the link, and it seems like it is for bloggers to put custom background on different posts. It’s a cool idea, but not what I had in mind.

So, in bbpress, when you set up a forum, there is a place that allows you to upload a featured image.

I want to use this feature…..and upload a landscape image to use as a cover image on top of the forum….

To paint a clearer picture, imagine buddypress’s cover image that is on a user’s profile…. I want a cover image on each forum….and the image would be the pic uploaded to the ‘featured image’ option as the forum is set up.

I know that this probably a really pretty simple thing to do….insert the featured image photo on the forum index….i just am not sure which templates would need to be edited or the code involved…and that’s why I’m turning the idea to you brilliant folks who are smarter than me for the solution 🙂 😉 😀

Robkk

@robkk

If you are already using BuddyPress you can configure group forums using BuddyPress and bbPress, and these groups each have a cover image and it will look consistent to the rest of your site.

I think this is the simplest thing to do without telling you to customize/create certain templates and use custom CSS.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar