Forum Centering and Login Page

• Hummingbird
    Participant

@millermc38

Wordpress version:5.1.1
    bbPress version: 2.5.14

Question #1:

Here’s the page I’m looking at: http://www.toledonaturalist.org/forums/

I cannot figure out how to center the forum information on the page. I created this “forums” page and simply pasted in this shortcode: [bbp-forum-index]

At first I thought there was an invisible sidebar. Nope, it does not appear that there are any active sidebars. Perhaps I could fiddle around with the template? Nope, doesn’t seem to impact anything. I could try centering the shortcode with CSS? Nope, this didn’t work either, although I don’t know much about CSS, so I easily could have just typed it in wrong.

The weird thing is that all of the children pages are centered. It’s just this page that is having issues.

Question #2)
    Here is the page I am looking at:
    http://www.toledonaturalist.org/login/?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toledonaturalist.org%2F

This is so bizarre! The login works great, but I don’t even have a login page on my list of “pages.” I want to change the header image and the redirection after login, but I have no idea where bbpress is getting this page. Without knowing where it is, I cannot reset the redirection after login (I want it to go to the very first link in this post) or change the header image.

Let me know what you think!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hummingbird
    Participant

@millermc38

Okay, I figured out the redirection issue, but everything else I’m still unsure about!

Robin W

@robin-w

your theme is doing this – try this in you custom css

.archive:not(.page-one-column):not(.has-sidebar) #primary article {
    float : none ;
    Width : 100%

}

but it may affect how other pages/post show

Hummingbird
    Participant

@millermc38

I pasted in the code you sent as is, and it did not center the page :(. Any other thoughts on how I could approach this issue?

Robin W

@robin-w

try

.archive:not(.page-one-column):not(.has-sidebar) #primary article {
     float : none !important;
     Width : 100% !important ;

}

Hummingbird
    Participant

@millermc38

Unfortunately it didn’t work :(. It’s just weird that it’s just this one page and the other topic pages are fine…like you said, the difference seems to be that for the page in question (linked above with the centering issue), it is a short-code pasted on an actual page of my website, whereas the rest are bbpress generated.

Interesting to note, I had to use the ubiquitous twenty seventeen theme for the forum pages (include the one we are trying to fix) because the theme for my website was so incompatible with buddypress. It ran bbpress fine. In fact, this centering thing was not a problem for my theme (but I had to switch since the theme would not allow buddypress). It was only once I set the twenty seventeen theme to this page specifically that this issue appeared! Not sure if that helps with any more solutions…

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry beyond help on here

Hummingbird
    Participant

@millermc38

Thanks for trying!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar