Foros Ryuuko — my bbPress installation
I use a custom theme (heavily a modified Kakumei) and some custom plugins. The forum is new, so it doesn’t have activity, all our users are still using the Vanilla forum we had.
I didn’t hack any core files, all “non standard things” are donde via custom plugins.
Plugins i use:
– My own “Ajustes” (for sidebar, footer and navigation menu content, profile content, and some html tags).
– MD5 Insecurity (will be deactivated soon).
– Private Messaging Extended
– A custom Quicktags (ported from Vanilla)
– Ajaxed Quote
– Simple Online List (i also modified a lot this plugin, because it never worked for me ….).
– Unread Topics. I also modified this one, it was doing too many queries. I added some indices and reduced the overhead.
– User Photo. I ported the User Photo WP plugin.
– Human Test.
Also i indirectly use:
– Gaming Codes: each user can enter his gaming codes. They’re displayed on the user profile.
– Aleph: this plugin creates user lists (among other things). So i use it inside WP like a “member list”. The beauty is that i can easily create different user lists, so i created a list for each gaming code (in other words, users can see which users have a certain gamer code).
As i said, the theme is a heavily modified Kakumei. I replaced all topics/forum loops with my own, trying to mimick the Vanilla look. Also the css is based on the Tarski theme for WordPress. In fact, i import it directly from the WP installation.
For the forum/topic icons, i created a custom plugin which printed the css based on the slug of each forum, and then i added the resulting code to the style.css. I still have to create a lot of icons, those are temporary.
I hope you like my forums and if you have any questions or would like a plugin/theme release, just ask :p
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.