Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Formatting of User Profile and Search Results pages

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

think this needs raising with Divi who say their theme works with bbpress.

If you get an answer, do post back here, it will help me help others

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

Hi Robin,

I have tried Divi support. I spent hours with different agents last week!

I guess I’ll try again.

Thanks,
    Ollie

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

I’ve referred exact same message to Divi and will report back.

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

OK so this is what I got back this time from Elegant Themes (Divi), more promising:-

Hi Ollie 👋
    I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, it is a known bug at the moment that the template does not work on the bbpress profile pages. Our dev team is aware of the issue and will fix it in future theme updates. 👍

So, please be advised at the current time bbPress does not work fully with Divi theme. I have asked when the fix will be and will advise as soon as I hear something firm.

Best,
    Ollie

jcarrest
    Participant

@jcarrest

please
    let me know when you get a positive response.
    The same problem.
    Thanks

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

Hi,
    Divi have no immediate plans to resolve this leaving me in a difficult situation. I would highly recommend that you contact and put some further pressure on Divi to resolve this.
    Best,
    Ollie

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I’m just a bbpress user who helps out – they won’t listen to me 🙂

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

Hi Robin,
    That was meant for @jcarrest to chase Divi!

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

Would it be possible to make the link on user profile null, ie show the username still but disable the link?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Profile

and choose what you want to display

ollietubb1
    Participant

@ollietubb1

Hi Robin,

That works great for the user profile links, thank you. I am hoping that Divi will provide a fix soon, they are aware and it is with their devs so we will see what happens with future releases but this is a great workaround in the meantime and I hid the search form.

Thanks very much,
    Ollie

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Hi

I is actually not a divi problem

It is the same problem with various themes

We have the same problem using different themes with Elementor

It is a bbpress problem

Robin W

@robin-w

that would tend to indicate an issue with bbpress and elementor working together, which I have already seen with their Hello theme.

bbpress works to WordPress standards, many theme builders exist because they see WordPress as a restriction and feel they can offer improvements, so stretch and alter what WordPress does, which can then can make plugins have issues.

Because it is open source, and there are no definitive rules, it is wrong to say that it is a bbpress problem, or indeed an elementor problem or a divi problem, each makes their own code to work, but you cannot guarantee interoperability of everything with everything.

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

I agree with you, but i tested bbpress with the top 20 wordpress themes, and confirmed that user profile and search pages were not detected by any theme

all other pages are detected except those 2

it’s like those 2 pages don’t belong to the same template than other bbpress pages in the core code

Robin W

@robin-w

@deepblue5 can you give me an example of a coulpe of themes from the above which don’t work – free ones so I can take a look without paying money 🙂

and I’ll see if I can find any commonality

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

hi

well astra, oceanwp, for instance

Robin W

@robin-w

so do these theme need elementor to work?, don’t wok whether elementor used or not or what is the core issue? – just saving my time in having to do lots of work to get to a problem definition 🙂

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

non they dont need elementor 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

@deepblue5 – thanks – I’ll take a look – busy working on a quote feature at the moment 🙂 :-), but will try and take a look when that annoys me enough to need a break

embpunch
    Participant

@embpunch

If you receive a positive response, please let me know.
    The problem remains the same.

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

@deepblue5

Just switched my site to Astra theme and profiles are search run fine – can you define exactly what the issue is ?

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

hi

they do run fine

the issue is that they dont share the same template as the others pages (forum, topics etc)

dozza
    Participant

@dozza

I was experiencing exactly the same or very similar on Divi site running bbPress and Memberpress.

I wans’t sure where the issue lay, but it turned out it was with Divi’s Static CSS generation option. ElegantThemes helped me track it down: Divi > Theme options > Builder > Advanced > Static CSS File Generation > Clear.

Clear the static Css file then purge all browser and server-side caching and the acoount profile pages should look as expected now.

You can then pad out the forum profile pages content a little with something like this:
    `/* bbPress Account profile pages padding */
    #bbpress-forums{
    padding: 50px 68px;
    }

dozza
    Participant

@dozza

Also, if you are hosted at Siteground, it seems the SG Optimizer plugin CSS optimise settings create conflicts with default Divi Performance options. I had to also disable the Dynamic CSS option under Divi > Theme Options > Performance before I was able to fix the issue completely.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar