Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Footnotes

• Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

I have Footnotes installed on a site which uses bbPress. The footnotes don’t work within the forums (even for me, as the admin).

Are these two plugins incompatible? Is there a simple, sustainable way to make the Footnotes plugin work within the forums?

And, on a larger note: Does bbPress, by default, isolate itself from other plugins?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

The footnotes don’t work within the forums (even for me, as the admin).

Without taking time to install this plugin and test, I cannot of course see what the above means .
    There are thousands and thousands of plugins and bbpress cannot be tested with all 🙂

If they work together then they are compatible, if not then probably not ! There may well be a way to make then work together, but you’d need to find someone to carry out this work. You could try the footnotes plugin author.

And, on a larger note: Does bbPress, by default, isolate itself from other plugins?

Sorry but I don’t understand your question.

Robkk

@robkk

if you are just using the shortcode , bbPress doesnt allow shortcodes for security reasons like users pasting the [bbp-login] shortcode

since i assume this is just for admins you can use this plugin to use the shortcode.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-do-short-codes/

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

@ Robin W

My apologies for not being clear.

My apologies for not being clear. Let me try to explain better.
    Let me try to explain better:

Does bbPress include security or “sandboxing” features that block other plugins from interacting with it? I know that some plugins intentionally block common tools (such as the shortcodes mentioned by Robkk,above). I’m not complaining about it, just looking for information so I know how to proceed.

Footnotes is a plugin that works in posts, pages, and comments. It does not, however, work within forum posts or comments. I’m new to bbPress (been using WP for about 15 years), so I’m just trying to learn how forum posts and comments are different from “main” posts and comments.

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

Yipe!

Sorry for the borked formatting on that last post. I’m not sure what happened.

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

@ Robkk

No, it does not use the standard shortcode. It allows the user to wrap comments in the character of their choice (such as double-parenthesis), and then moves that comment to the end of the post and replaces it with a superscript hyperlink.

Also, the footnotes feature should be available for all users. We’re a bunch of geeks who love footnotes. 😀

Robkk

@robkk

@blazemiskulin

it also does have an option to change the shortcode to this [ref][/ref]

but it still wont work , so you probably have to hire a developer to make it work on bbPress.

http://jobs.wordpress.net/

Blaze Miskulin
    Participant

@blazemiskulin

@ robkk

Okay. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar