Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

First post missing in topic after upgrade to WordPress 4.0 URGENT

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

@jwhammond20 – thanks for posting that – every post helps !

Hi all,

Ok, the Relevanssi-related issue I had is fixed, but there also seems to be a conflict with the “PP Compatibility Pack” plugin that’s part of the paid-for version of Press Permit Pro. In this case, on my affected installation (this one not running Relevanssi) the first post in a topic is visible but the replies aren’t, unless you’re logged in as an admin user (in which case all are visible). It’s definitely the PP Compatibility Pack that’s triggering the issue.

I have reported this on the Press Permit (private) forum and will let you know of any fix.

Cheers,
    Kona

Robin W

@robin-w

That for posting Kona, and let us know what comes back

peterwsterling
    Participant

@peterwsterling

Hi,

I don’t use any of the plugins or themes mentioned in this thread. Yet, after upgrade to WP4 bbPress topics are not shown. Argh! So frustrating. Has anyone made any progress on solving this one?

Cheers,
    Pete

Editor Mike
    Participant

@editor-mike

you don’t use s2membership?

Just to follow up, didn’t manage to resolve the Press Permit Pro/PP Compability pack issues with bbPress / WP 4.0. I left diagnostic data with Kevin (who kindly gave me a refund) so maybe it will get tracked down at some point.

peterwsterling
    Participant

@peterwsterling

Correct, that’s what i meant when I wrote “I don’t use any of the plugins [or themes] mentioned here”. 😉

Robin W

@robin-w

@peterwsterling – which theme are you using?

peterwsterling
    Participant

@peterwsterling

I’m not sure the theme is relevant either, however, I am using Responsive. I am sure this issue is a problem in the core of either WP or bbPress…

peterwsterling
    Participant

@peterwsterling

Yes, even when I select the stock 2014 theme the issue is present!

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, there are two issues with wp 4.0

ISSUE 1

The first gives 404 errors with sub forums for users with default permalinks. This is due to a bug in wp4.0, and netweb is on the case to get this fixed in 4.0.1

I’m working on patch for bbpress, but otherwise in the meantime there are 3 workarounds

1. Change your permalinks to any of the other settings

Dashboard>settings>permalinks

The most often used is ‘postname’

This will not only fix your issue, but make your links look prettier. However if you have links to your site forums from other sites/emails, these links might break (ie they will come up as 404 errors), but if your choice is between users not accessing, or users complaining that the link in that old email no longer works, then resetting might seem a good idea.

2. revert to 3.9.2

see

for quite a good video on how to do it

3. Move your sub-forums up a level ie make them all main forums

and keep monitoring this site for a solution.

ISSUE TWO

The second hides topics and/or replies with some themes and other plugins. This is due to a change in wp4.0 on how it handles searches.

For the second, the patch in either of these plugins may help.

bbpress wp4 fix

bbpress wp4 fix2

ONLY have one active at a time. The first form some users may show the same topic content against several topics, so fully check several posts to ensure it isn working for you.

If it does, please come back and say

Robin W

@robin-w

@peterwsterling

Are you saying that you get this issue with

wp 4.0
    BP 2.5.4
    NO plugins apart from bbPress
    Twentyfourtenn theme

?

pazzaglia
    Participant

@pazzaglia1

I think I can help here. I was able to solve my problem after not finding the solution with plug-ins, themes, down-grades and re-upgrades. Un-installs and re-installs.

All I had to do was remove the custom bbpress file from my child theme. Totally NOT obvious soultion!! : )

I hope this helps.

Ciao,

L

peterwsterling
    Participant

@peterwsterling

Robin W, yes exactly that. But … you are a hero, the first of your “fix” plugins above for ISSUE 2 is an instant fix. Thank you!

mikeyb
    Participant

@ecdis

I’ve only just noticed the same issue as everyone else, I DO have S2member installed, but that wasn’t the issue.

Turns out it was down to the Custom Search plugin by “bestwebsoft” https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-search-plugin/

I’ve raised the issue on the WP support forum https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-40-breaking-bbpress-not-showing-1st-forum-post?replies=1#post-6172365

webcoreinteractive
    Participant

@webcoreinteractive

I don’t have any of the plugins mentioned here and have this issue occurring as well.
    Definitely a bbpress – WP conflict. We have tested on our vanilla site.

I had to implement fix by Yolle. Thanks for the code.

Hopefull this bug gets fixed in next bbpress update.

Viewing 16 replies - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar