Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Failed Install

• alandc12
    Participant

@alandc12

When installing bbpress I am not directed to any setup page – instead, I am told that I do not have permissions to see that page. I am logged in as the administrator and running the latest version of wordpress. I can see that the plugin is installed, but there is nowhere for me to make edits and set it up. I have even tried heading to the /forums page, on my site, but nothing.

Any ideas?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• alandc12
    Participant

@alandc12

Further to this, I tried also installing it on a site where I have optimize member installed. It now appears that bbpress has created a user category called “keymaster” and has placed myself (the administrator) in that category. However, I am now unable to access my wordpress dashboard….. seems that bbpress broke the back end – I hope there is someone out there that can help me.

I have even logged in via ftp to try and clear any bbpress files, but there is no files remaining after deletion. thanks.

alandc12
    Participant

@alandc12

Ok folks – i’ve sorted it – apparently in optimize member there is an ‘update roles’ button in the “other integrations” section – this fixed the issue.

Robkk

@robkk

glad you solved your own issue.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar