Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

ERROR: Your topic cannot be empty.

• acerie
    Participant

@acerie

I just installed bbPress today (Version 2.5.6), and although I have been able to create new forums, every time I try to add a new topic I get “ERROR: Your topic cannot be empty.”

I am using the latest version of the Nirvana theme (version 1.0.5), which is supposedly compatible with bbPress.

I have searched some forums and tried adding the line “define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’);” to wp-config.php, but still no luck.

I have just installed wordpress, so at the moment the only plugin I have installed is “TinyMCE Advanced” which facilitates font modification (size, underline, family, etc.) in the post editor, and even after deactivating this nothing changes.

Please help 🙂

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• acerie
    Participant

@acerie

Robkk

@robkk

you did write a topic title and content right??

acerie
    Participant

@acerie

Yes, of course I wrote a topic title, but no, there is no place to write content. It is only the first page where you create a topic.

Robin W

@robin-w

Yes, of course I wrote a topic title, but no, there is no place to write content. It is only the first page where you create a topic.

hmmm… yes there should be somewhere to write content, and every topic has to have a title and some content.

suggest you try creating a topic in the backend to prove its all ok

dashboard>topics>new topic

then come back

acerie
    Participant

@acerie

Thanks Robin, yes from the backend it seems to work.

This is an screenshot of what it looks like on the frontend:

Screenshot.

Actually, I have kind of gotten it to work from the frontend, but not exactly. I can post a topic, but I can’t get a text cursor unless I click one of the buttons on the formatting panel (bold, img, etc). And then, everytime I type until the end of the line the text overwrites itself on the same line. When the topic is submitted, it works, but the actual typing the topic content is giving a problem.

It is also happening with the replies:

Replies

In other words, I am not seeing the content box in the same way I am here with a scroll and a border.

acerie
    Participant

@acerie

I found out a hack, but it is not optimal.

In Settings>Forums>Forum Features>Post Formatting, if I unclick “Add toolbar & buttons to textareas to help with HTML formatting”, I then get a content box where I can type easily.

But I would like to have the toolbar….

Hack

Robkk

@robkk

follow the troubeshooting details listed in this post, it could most likely be a plugin/theme issue.

Before Posting

acerie
    Participant

@acerie

Thanks Robkk,

Switching to Twenty Twelve, in effect, did solve the issue, so it must be a problem with Nirvana. (I had already tried deactivating the only installed plugin with no avail.)

Any suggestions?

Robin W

@robin-w

I would suggest contact the theme’s author support forum, but there seems to be no support responses !

acerie
    Participant

@acerie

Thanks Robin, I will do that.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar