Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error when user post in a Forum

• giuseppecuttone
    Participant

@giuseppecuttone

Warning: Missing argument 4 for BP_Forum_Notifier::reply_mail_subject() in /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-content/plugins/bp-forum-notifier/includes/notifier.php on line 343

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-content/plugins/bp-forum-notifier/includes/notifier.php:343) in /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

Hi
    I have a WP with BuddyPress and bbPress. I have also installed BuddyPress Forum Notifier.
    When user posted in a FORUM, it will be shown the following message:

Warning: Missing argument 4 for BP_Forum_Notifier::reply_mail_subject() in /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-content/plugins/bp-forum-notifier/includes/notifier.php on line 343

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-content/plugins/bp-forum-notifier/includes/notifier.php:343) in /homepages/9/d390074253/htdocs/soysotenible/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178

If user does click in the BACK BUTTOM in the navigator, page show the post as NO PUBLISHED. But if user REFRESH the page, the post will be shown as PUBLISHED.

In addition I tell you the following:
    The users receive the notifications in the toolbar bubble, but when user does click in the notification and visit the FORUM, notification no disappear. In order to do disappear the notification, user must to mark the REPLY like READED.
    Is that normal?
    With the other notifications (group, comments and message notifications) when user does click in the notification, the notification redirect the user at the page with the post and the notification disappear.

I am not informatic and I don’t speak english very well…
    But I need know what I must do in order to resolve these problems.

Thank’s very very much for your support.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• giuseppecuttone
    Participant

@giuseppecuttone

If I desactive the plugin “BuddyPress Forum Notifier” error page will no shown.
    But I need this plugin…
    So, how I can solve this problems?

Robkk

@robkk

it seems like this plugin replaces the bbPress notifications completely, try deactivating the one in bbPress in settings>forums and see if that would work.

giuseppecuttone
    Participant

@giuseppecuttone

Thank’s for your answer.
    I have desactivated notification mail in setting => forum, and now there is no error message.

Now only there is the following problem:
    With the other plugins notifications (group, comments and message notifications) when user does click in the notification, the notification redirect the user at the page with the post and the notification disappear.
    With this plugin, when user does click notification no disappear. In order to do disappear the notification, user must to mark the REPLY like READED.

Do you know other plugin in order to send notification in the toolbar bubble?

Thank’s very very much for your support

Robkk

@robkk

@giuseppecuttone

your last question might be well suited to ask to the developer of the BuddyPress forum notifier plugin first.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-forum-notifier

or from buddypress support second also if it is a BuddyPress issue.

https://buddypress.org/support/

giuseppecuttone
    Participant

@giuseppecuttone

Hi robkk,
    You are right. About the notifications send from BP FORUM NOTIFIER I need contact with the author of the plugin.
    Really I want to ask if do you know another plugin that run better…
    In addition I need know how I can change USER in the notifications mail that bbPres send. Actualy the mail that bbPress send is from wordpress@URLSITE. I want chanhe the word “wordpress” and add for exampke “noreply” (in my cas so: noreply@soysostenible.net).
    It is possible?
    Thank’s for your support

Robkk

@robkk

@giuseppecuttone

i dont know any plugin that can handle notifications very well , all i know is the default bbpress notifications and they seem to be having issues for users lately.

as for changing the default email address see if this works

use this for custom email address

add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', function( $email ) {
    	return 'webmaster@mydomainname.com';
    });

use this for custom from name

add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', function( $name ) {
    	return 'WordPress Email System';
    });
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar